• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Looks ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor Looks ?

Do you think the way you look is related to your success as a contractor/in life in general ?

I’ve just noticed that my ugliness has started a new level of development. Not to mention that I have to live with nose that is bigger than what you normally find on people’s face , but now my neck is starting to look fat and not fit.

Might give some thought later , about lying under the scalpel
    Yes
    53.13%
    No
    28.13%
    Yes Indirectly.
    12.50%
    No - less attractive people are more sharp than attractive people.
    6.25%
    Last edited by 2uk; 19 July 2007, 20:15.

I know I look good.
    tell myself that every morning in the mirror
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Even though I say it myself... I'm a bit of a looker in a George Clooney type way.
      I have built a successful career on sharp dressing and looking like I know wtf I'm talking about... this could be summed up as 'style over substance'

However.. & without exception, every developer I have ever come across has been ugly, and every DBA has been fat.
      In fact in the case of DBA's I have a theory that only when they have acheived buddha like fatness are they worth talking to

HTH
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
        Even though I say it myself... I'm a bit of a looker in a George Clooney type way.
        I have built a successful career on sharp dressing and looking like I know wtf I'm talking about... this could be summed up as 'style over substance'

However.. & without exception, every developer I have ever come across has been ugly, and every DBA has been fat.
        In fact in the case of DBA's I have a theory that only when they have acheived buddha like fatness are they worth talking to

HTH
        A similar mantra to, "Never trust a thin Chef"
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Oi! As a developer I resemble that remark

I'd like to point out that in my experience(including very current experience ) there is a strong correlation between sharp dressing and being a complete f*ckwit.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy
            Oi! As a developer I resemble that remark
            You bit....

I'd like to point out that in my experience(including very current experience ) there is a strong correlation between sharp dressing and being a complete f*ckwit.
            Image is everything young man...

Comment

You bit....

Image is everything young man...

The guy calls himself Troll. There's a limit to how good one of those can look, Paul Smith or no Paul Smith.

Comment

You bit....
                Troll old boy - you missed the gag.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy
                  Troll old boy - you missed the gag.
                  Nope... chose not to respond

Comment

Originally posted by Zorba
                    The guy calls himself Troll. There's a limit to how good one of those can look, Paul Smith or no Paul Smith.
                    Eh? do you resemble Anthony Quinn?

Comment

Working...
                    X