• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    25:43 on this mornings Park Run
    Very nice. Mine was the slowest I've done for over 18 months and a shocking 5.5 minutes slower than my PB in June. Felt like I was running through treacle (but I didn't walk, which was something I suppose)

Gonna have to put in some serious effort over the next 2 weeks if I don't want to come last in Denmark!

You logging runs on endy or Strava or similar?

Comment

The Iceland store a few doors down from me had a freezer fire early this morning. Apparently several fire engines attended. I managed to sleep through it all

As it's had to close for the day, I now have confirmation that all the badly-parked vehicles that usually clutter the bottom of the side road are Iceland customers: there are precisely two cars parked there now.

The weird thing is that the store has a good-sized car park, which is always almost empty even as the traffic gets held up by people making multiple attempts to reverse their car into a tiny space by the kerb that saves them approximately ten feet of walking

Comment

Spent £ridiculous on laptop for ms#4's 21st birthday last January. In March it had to go back because the screen broke - > £250 for the repair even though she swears she never did anything to it, and t'internet is full of people complaining about the screen spontaneously cracking (some of whom had had to pay for the repair, and some of whom hadn't). ms#4's just phoned - her screen has broken again - this time rendering it unusable as it thinks something is touching the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Very nice. Mine was the slowest I've done for over 18 months and a shocking 5.5 minutes slower than my PB in June. Felt like I was running through treacle (but I didn't walk, which was something I suppose)

Gonna have to put in some serious effort over the next 2 weeks if I don't want to come last in Denmark!

You logging runs on endy or Strava or similar?
          Urgh, there's nothing worse than those runs. I had a 10km like that on Tuesday - made doubly worse that I went out feeling great because the 10km the week before was great. Running sucks, really - dunno why I bother...

Every now and again I plug in my watch and let Garmin upload it to My Garmin. It's good for having a peruse, but I don't make notes which makes things difficult as sometimes I'm running in trainers, sometimes in boots and trousers and sometimes with weight.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            The Iceland store a few doors down from me had a freezer fire early this morning. Apparently several fire engines attended. I managed to sleep through it all

As it's had to close for the day, I now have confirmation that all the badly-parked vehicles that usually clutter the bottom of the side road are Iceland customers: there are precisely two cars parked there now.

The weird thing is that the store has a good-sized car park, which is always almost empty even as the traffic gets held up by people making multiple attempts to reverse their car into a tiny space by the kerb that saves them approximately ten feet of walking
            So they charge for parking which you can reclaim on a spend in-store? If so then you'll find most people avoid the car-park because of that or worry over the fine if they spend longer than the designated 1 hour
            Join IPSE

Comment

Had a headache all day
              Join IPSE

Comment

Just realised that I havent eaten all day...had a cuppa tea around 6.30am...
                Join IPSE

Comment

which is strange as I normally can't go more than 45 mins without a cuppa...
                  Join IPSE

Comment

maybe some booze is needed?
                    Join IPSE

Comment

ommm...
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X