• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all.

Out on the bike this morning, for a blustery ride around the wilds of Nottinghamshire.

Back home to find Mrs B laid up with tooth ache which based on experience is probably due to an infection. Local dentists don't operate an out of hours service but tell you to ring 111, who tell you to take painkillers and go to a dentist...
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Afternoon all.

Out on the bike this morning, for a blustery ride around the wilds of Nottinghamshire.

Back home to find Mrs B laid up with tooth ache which based on experience is probably due to an infection. Local dentists don't operate an out of hours service but tell you to ring 111, who tell you to take painkillers and go to a dentist...
      Gargle with a chewing action round the sore tooth with a strong salt solution, every hour or so.
      and ibuprofen if you have it.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Afternoon all.

<- for Mrs B

Apparently a combination of ibuprofen and paracetamol can be helpful for dental pain, and averts the problem of taking too much of either.

Oh, and combination ibuprofen (or paracetamol) and codeine is available over the counter and pretty effective, though you can't take it for more than a few days because of addiction.

Comment

Phone call with my parents. Apparently this lurgy of mine has had its grip on them too: my father came down with it two weeks ago and my mother last week. Also, my brother came down with it a couple of days ago. So I think we can safely conclude that There's A Lot Of It About™

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Phone call with my parents. Apparently this lurgy of mine has had its grip on them too: my father came down with it two weeks ago and my mother last week. Also, my brother came down with it a couple of days ago. So I think we can safely conclude that There's A Lot Of It About™
              yeh, - i've had something similar. just congestion now.
              knocked me bandy for three days or so, though.
              Toddy helped

Comment

The price of oil has just started to rise.
                I know this because I’ve begun the fire-up process for the Rayburn.
                Winter is officially on its way.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  The price of oil has just started to rise.
                  I know this because I’ve begun the fire-up process for the Rayburn.
                  Winter is officially on its way.
                  So there'll be a global shortage now eh?
                  oh, dear.

Comment

Popped up to the Amazon Locker to collect some stuff, and took the opportunity to go over to Sainsbury's Local. They didn't have any fresh lemons, but I've got lemon juice in the fridge so that's OK. I was able to get some honey, though. And the only single malt they had, being a convenience store, was a Jura 10 year old, which I am happy to slum with for now. So I am finally in a position to make myself one of those hot toddies that one hears so much of

Fun fact: this is the first time I've had a bottle of Scotch in my home since I was a student, so about 35 years

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      So there'll be a global shortage now eh?
                      oh, dear.
                      For the next 24 hours it will be running at 6 to get the flue up to temperature. That means burning around about 4 litres of oil an hour.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X