• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sausages on white finger rolls for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Contract for the return to ClientCo has been uploaded. Unlike all of last year's extensions it's for 26 weeks rather than 12 weeks. Slight problem: this would take me past 24 months at ClientCo

I've emailed the agent and he's admitted he got the dates wrong, and it should have been 12 weeks, so it's now being changed

In fact, since the middle of last year it's been a rolling kind of thing with one week's notice on both sides, as ClientCo doesn't really know how long they need me for. But as long as the new contract is for 12 weeks I have no expectation of going over 24 months, so that'll do for now
      It still hasn't been changed, and therefore still hasn't been signed, or not by me at any rate

Emailed him again to ask when they were going to get around to uploading the corrected version and got an OoO autoreply. They're away having an awards ceremony

And as I type this, he's emailed to say it should be done this afternoon. So the people who do the donkey work of setting up the actual contracts clearly don't get invited to the company awards ceremony, probably because they keep getting the dates wrong

Comment

Car collected after its service, and it's running very nicely now

Comment

Shopping done. Only needed a few bits, but nonetheless managed to spend quite a lot, and only really had a few bits when I got the six bags unpacked

Comment

And as I type this, he's emailed to say it should be done this afternoon. So the people who do the donkey work of setting up the actual contracts clearly don't get invited to the company awards ceremony, probably because they keep getting the dates wrong
            Automated email arrives notifying me that a new contract has been uploaded. Look online. A new contract is indeed there, but it's the same as the old one - 26 weeks.

Not signing this one either

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea tonight

It's got very chilly out. Just popped out the back and it's about to turn frosty, I reckon

The agent has, very sensibly, given up on the contracts department for the weekend and says he'll sort it out on Monday. He added something about having to change the start date, presumably as I won't be there first thing Monday without a contract, but I pointed out that I wasn't going there until Tuesday anyway. No reply to that yet, but let's hope he sees it before he starts chasing things on Monday

Comment

Automated email arrives notifying me that a new contract has been uploaded. Look online. A new contract is indeed there, but it's the same as the old one - 26 weeks.

Not signing this one either
                another week off then, oh, dear,i'm sure you'll manage, - more R&R

Comment

TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's classic film was The Spy Who Came in from the Cold (1965) starring Richard Burton, and very good it was. It's possible I might have seen it before many, many years ago, but I didn't remember it. Well, the opening scene at Checkpoint Charlie rang some bells, but then again, a lot of films have had a scene there, so that doesn't mean I'd seen this scene before.

And then another episode of Better Call Saul.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all Clear blue skies and chilly for the dog walk with lots of frozen bits, it’s now clouding over.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X