• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toasted Sausage sarny for brunch, with english mustard and lashings of HP sauce, as TSNTBE

Comment

Last week at ClientCo: “We just need to make this minor change to this thing.”

This week at ClientCo: “Oh, looks like we’ll have to completely re-engineer huge swathes of the application to accommodate the minor change”

All helps pass the time

Pâté on a wholemeal bap for lunch, with a bag of crisps. Mainly because the pâté Needed to be Eaten

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Last week at ClientCo: “We just need to make this minor change to this thing.”

This week at ClientCo: “Oh, looks like we’ll have to completely re-engineer huge swathes of the application to accommodate the minor change”

All helps pass the time

Pâté on a wholemeal bap for lunch, with a bag of crisps. Mainly because the pâté Needed to be Eaten
        And what are the chances of said re-engineering being done by the time you leave them for good?
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

It's cold and damp and unpleasant out, the mist blends into the sea so you can't tell the one from the other.

It's cold and damp and unpleasant in, so I've turned my (illegal) fan heater on & the room is up to a nice toasty 23 deg C.

One could bask in this if so inclined.

Other than that, it's watching vids about SWA cables and wiring systems for me.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            It's cold and damp and unpleasant out, the mist blends into the sea so you can't tell the one from the other.

It's cold and damp and unpleasant in, so I've turned my (illegal) fan heater on & the room is up to a nice toasty 23 deg C.

One could bask in this if so inclined.

Other than that, it's watching vids about SWA cables and wiring systems for me.
            I would ask how the walk up the hill was but......

Comment

Bugger, it's mizzling.

Wet dog walk to the pub tonight for me (and The Dog (tw))
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Home!

Eight more days…

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  And what are the chances of said re-engineering being done by the time you leave them for good?
                  Well, it's not actually that bad, but it's touched a bunch of stuff that I needed to sort out some way of making work

Naturally, I spent some time thinking about how to do a good job and planning out a clear and elegant solution, if only because they'll need to maintain it. It wasn't until five past four that he mentioned that it was really urgent, and he was under pressure to get it done ASAP. I could have flung together a few quick hacks just to tide him over if he'd mentioned that earlier, but by then I was already two-thirds of the way through the elegant approach; so now it'll have to be finished in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Well, it's not actually that bad, but it's touched a bunch of stuff that I needed to sort out some way of making work

Naturally, I spent some time thinking about how to do a good job and planning out a clear and elegant solution, if only because they'll need to maintain it. It wasn't until five past four that he mentioned that it was really urgent, and he was under pressure to get it done ASAP. I could have flung together a few quick hacks just to tide him over if he'd mentioned that earlier, but by then I was already two-thirds of the way through the elegant approach; so now it'll have to be finished in the morning
                    “All of life’s problems can be solved with two things—gaffer tape and WD40. If it moves and it shouldn’t, you need gaffer tape. And if it doesn’t move and it should, you need WD40.”

There ye go

Comment

Steak and kidney pie, chips and peas tonight.
                      very nice it was, too

Comment

Working...
                      X