test please delete test please delete - Page 30432

My post count is Majestic

Petrol station lunch day

The car has turned off its engine warning light. I reckon it’s the very hot days that get to it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Petrol station lunch day

The car has turned off its engine warning light. I reckon it’s the very hot days that get to it
    Maybe the car was objecting to you leering at the women wearing very little?

And my email service provider has “upgraded” their systems, which included destroying everyone’s login details. They emailed to say I now had to login with “your email address” and password. But they haven’t said which email address or password

I’ve emailed support pointing out that I have at least four email addresses associated with my account, and an even greater number of passwords, and asking them which ones I should use. I’ve tried telnetting in to the new mail server and having a go with every combination I could think of, but none of them work. And they haven’t replied, even though they’ve had three days to think about it.

In related news, I’m going to set up my own mail server in the very near future, and move all my domains, and my web hosting

Banned

And my email service provider has “upgraded” their systems, which included destroying everyone’s login details. They emailed to say I now had to login with “your email address” and password. But they haven’t said which email address or password

I’ve emailed support pointing out that I have at least four email addresses associated with my account, and an even greater number of passwords, and asking them which ones I should use. I’ve tried telnetting in to the new mail server and having a go with every combination I could think of, but none of them work. And they haven’t replied, even though they’ve had three days to think about it.

In related news, I’m going to set up my own mail server in the very near future, and move all my domains, and my web hosting
    TSB do email too?

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonStay View Post
    TSB do email too?

It’s Easily, who I’ve frequently recommended to other people over the more than fifteen years I’ve been with them. But no more; since the last takeover, they’re abysmal

Home!

Quite a while ago, actually, but I've been trying to get my email working

After blundering around for ages in the new Easily web portal, which reminds me of Borges's City of the Immortals ("I thought, 'The gods who built this place were mad.' Later, I thought, 'The gods who built this place are dead.'"), I finally found my new email settings. Slight problem: Mac Mail refuses to use them because of a certificate error on their end

Gmail isn't quite so fussy, so for the moment I have to use that to check my mail

Godlike

Home!

Quite a while ago, actually, but I've been trying to get my email working

After blundering around for ages in the new Easily web portal, which reminds me of Borges's City of the Immortals ("I thought, 'The gods who built this place were mad.' Later, I thought, 'The gods who built this place are dead.'"), I finally found my new email settings. Slight problem: Mac Mail refuses to use them because of a certificate error on their end

Gmail isn't quite so fussy, so for the moment I have to use that to check my mail
    Don't you just HATE computers?
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    Don't you just HATE computers?
    I hate companies who change all their crap at the same time and leave you lacking vital information, then don't respond to support emails

I haven't even mentioned that I had to hunt around on their portal to work out how to set up a new FTP username and password for my web hosting

The drumming weirdos have started going past again

I'd forgotten about them

Godlike

I hate companies who change all their crap at the same time and leave you lacking vital information, then don't respond to support emails

I haven't even mentioned that I had to hunt around on their portal to work out how to set up a new FTP username and password for my web hosting
    Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee has a lot to answer for i reckon
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................