• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all pleasant day in leafy Surrey
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Pleasant enough here if you like drizzle.

Subsequent to which, the mist is now so thick one can't see the sea much less tell where the sea ends & the sky begins.

It was ever thus in the slough of despond.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 May 2018, 08:52.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Nice day out there. Clement

Just dropped the Super Monkey Car off for its MOT. Now, we wait…

And walking back, I popped into Greggs for a bacon and sausage baguette

Comment

Started pottering about getting ready to go shopping. But when I thought about what I needed, given I'll be away a couple of nights this weekend and another night next week and have a fairly full freezer, I realised I didn't actually need anything.

So I popped out to the car parts shop just along the road to get some electrical contact cleaning spray instead, as the Corolla's airflow sensor is, I suspect, in need of cleaning again.

Speaking of which: when I took it for a service at the Toyota dealership about eighteen months ago, I mentioned that I'd taken the sensor off but had to refit it with the same O ring, which ought to have been replaced, and asked them if they could fit a new ring if it looked like it needed it. They replied that the only way to get a replacement O ring was to buy a whole new sensor, which they wanted about £140 for.

Just checked, and you can get 250 assorted O rings for about a fiver on Amazon

Anyway, I just need the one for now, so once I've got the sensor off and can see what size I need, I'll pop back to the shop and get one. I daresay they'll charge me something stupid like a quid for it, but they've got to make a living and we don't have Amazon same-day delivery here yet

Comment

Current status: checking the MOT history site every few minutes to see if the car's passed or failed yet

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Current status: checking the MOT history site every few minutes to see if the car's passed or failed yet
                Well that's wasted a fair few minutes.

The Strangelove Fiat Seicento seems to fail its mot on braking problems fairly regularly from the age of 3.

No surprise there then.

Oddly, when searching for the long gone to the great scrapyard in the sky Strangelove Ford Zodiac Mk IV, it gets everything right except the colour, which it reckons is red, whereas the car was green metallic.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 May 2018, 11:35.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I cleaned the Toyota's MAF sensor, after which I popped over to the motor parts shop with it. We found the correct size O ring, which he put on it there and then to check it was indeed correct, and it cost 50p.

Then I refitted the sensor, and went for a little drive round the neighbourhood. It feels a bit friskier, having started to feel slightly hesitant under acceleration, and it's generally running smoothly. So that'll do for now

No word on the Orion yet, but I strongly suspect he does the tests and notes down the results on paper, then his wife comes in around lunchtime and puts it all on the computer. So the results might turn up any time now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Just dropped the Super Monkey Car off for its MOT. Now, we wait…
                    IT PASSED!

Off to collect it now

Comment

…and home

I need to start sorting stuff out for the trip to London soon. But I should have lunch first, I reckon - sandwiches with the last of the roast pork, with a bit of apple sauce in white bread

Comment

Working...
                      X