• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No telly tonight, as I've been reading In It by Jonathan Robinson, being his diary of his time in HMP Bedford and HMP Hollesley Bay. Very interesting; he's subsequently given evidence to House of Commons committees and such about the epic fail that permeates the prison system at all levels, particularly in the matter of rehabilitation

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      But did they build it themselves?

https://www.bamboobicycleclub.org/buy/
      Ooh, that's not dear!

Comment

Morning all

Clear blue skies, lovely walk earlier.
        Now thinking about buying a dash cam for the car so that I can share the antics of cyclists who have no sense of responsibility or respect for other road users.
        e.g. if you want to ride two abreast, make sure the road is wide enough for vehicles travelling in the other direction not to have to drive up banks or pull in and stop because you're taking up more than half the width of the road.
        e.g. if you have a flashing forward facing light, it startles horses. Might not be a problem in towns, but it is a problem in the countryside
        e.g. if you pull out to pass another cyclist, make sure it is safe for you to do so. Look behind you before pulling out. Look ahead of you. Pull out, pass, then pull in again.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny day here

Comment

Lost: One Will To Live.

It's Vauxhall Viva day for the 2nd year group project.

Thankfully they got the real numpty muppet out of the way first.

Listening to all this droning crap is making me .

It's a sunny day, so the lab is like a little oven, especially since all the windows were closed over the weekend.

Last week it was like a fridge.

Yesterday evening's epic was "Tomorrowland" with George Clooney.

Surprisingly enough it was rather good, as well as being on BBC2.

Having misread the TV Times, I ended up watching it in SD, since the HD channel ran it an hour earlier.

Sunday evening is now bereft of "Homeland". I wonder how Carrie is now.

And Friday evening's epic of "The Bridge" S4 E1 was also on BBC2.

I very rarely watch anything on terrestrial, so that made a change.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Links are up

Lots of them this week
            Thanks, I was getting desperate.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 May 2018, 11:29.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Links are up

Lots of them this week

Comment

Sausages in white rolls for lunch, again

Comment

I find it quite remarkable that the lab has been used for the final time.

And we're only halfway through May.

Back in the day, the exams didn't start until mid-June, just to maximise the allergies.

And since we're moving, this is the last lot to use this lab in its current form.

I'd like to say it's been fun, but for the last 4 or 5 years it's been tulipe.

And getting more tulipe as time progressed.

Ho hum.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The spuds from M&S turn out to be "New Season" - from Israel, no less. Probably not as good as ones from East Anglia, but we'll see

Always a bit dodgy making chips with the earliest spuds of the season, but the method I use now seems to have handled them well in the past, so fingers crossed.

Still sunny

And it makes a nice change not to be starting to feel thoroughly fed up at the prospect of travelling to ClientCo in the morning at this time on a Monday evening

Comment

Just played netball for the first time in 35 years.

"Back to Netball. Coached by friendly, qualified coaches, these sessions are open to people of all ages and abilities."

They fibbed. Coach was a proper PE teacher. Unsmiling, condescending and kept telling us how she was used to coaching high level athletes.

Only 5 of us at the session, so not quite the 14 required for a game. However, she got us running around and I scored 56 intensity minutes on my watch.

Might go back next week - not sure whether my daughter will be persuaded though.

Comment

Working...
                      X