• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Morning all
    Morning

Comment

Bacon cob for lunch

And now the sun has moved around to where it's no longer shining directly in my front windows, the temperature in here has moderated a little

Comment

It's warm out there.

Since client co. bod wasn't available as planned I thought I'd take an early lunch and go and have a play on a Boris Bike. Been meaning to do it every time I come down here but never got around to it.

Actually remarkably impressed with the way it works and how efficient it is. The bikes are quite fun to ride as well in their own way, as the weight and gearing enforce a much more sedate pace than a regular road bike would. Surprisingly comfortable too, even for a lanky git like me.
        Last edited by DaveB; 15 May 2018, 13:38.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Back from rugby tour in one piece just about. Giggling to myself on Friday night as our Amsterdam leg accommodation was the White Tulip Hostel... Stopped giggling when I realised how tulip it really was. I'd suggest they call it the Utter Tulip Hostel but they won't get it.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Back from rugby tour in one piece just about. Giggling to myself on Friday night as our Amsterdam leg accommodation was the White Tulip Hostel... Stopped giggling when I realised how tulip it really was. I'd suggest they call it the Utter Tulip Hostel but they won't get it.
            Now when grub club did the tour to The Netherlands we stayed in the Golden Tulip Hotel, and very good it was too
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Now when grub club did the tour to The Netherlands we stayed in the Golden Tulip Hotel, and very good it was too
              I still have the key card somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                I still have the key card somewhere
                Was there a big tulip in reception area like ours?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Tonight's weather-appropriate repast has been chicken tikka masala (as made at the weekend, out of the freezer), with the usual trimmings

Comment

pasta carbonara here, made by my own fair(rattly) hands

Comment

Linepost repair underway.

Old linepost rusted out at base, so much so that it took about 3 minutes of rocking it back & fore to bring the thing down.

Chopped the end of the bit in the ground & the other bit with an angle grinder to make it weldable and found a section that fits inside like a glove.

Welding operations pencilled in for tomorrow.

Must remember to buy some new washing line once it's fixed.

And must remember to get some more grinding/cutting disks.

I think I did the cutting with a grinding disk.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 May 2018, 21:15.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X