• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Morning Afternoon denizens

Well, they've got a nice day for it, or they would have if they were here; not sure what it's like there
    Afternoon
    Nice here, too.
    Have to go out soon, the smell from my goulash in the slow cooker is making me slaver (more than usual)

Comment

Ardennes pâté on toast for lunch

Proper white toast too, none of that healthy brown stuff for me today

Comment

An excellent afternoon in a local hostelry garden with no talk of weddings or kick it and run(or the B word), today.
        another hour or so for the goulash, and a lou reed song springs to mind

Comment

Somehow drawn into a discussion on Twitter with a bunch of Scousers over the number of the bus route past the house we lived in in the 1960s

Comment

Somehow drawn into a discussion on Twitter with a bunch of Scousers over the number of the bus route past the house we lived in in the 1960s
            Aaah! - the silly season is kicking in, then

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              Aaah! - the silly season is kicking in, then
              Not really, these discussions of such vital issues happen all the time

It's due to a woman called Angela who collects and posts historic photos of Liverpool, easily a dozen or more a day. All it takes is for one of them to show a bus and somebody will ask "Didn't the 34 go down Edge Lane?", and they're off. Same applies to anything else that appears - it's remarkable how often some random photo of a residential street in, say, 1970 will have somebody popping up saying "That's my uncle's van parked on the left!" or "Third down is my gran's old house!" or what have you

The bus route past our former home was, is, and ever shall be the 78, for what it's worth

Comment

Not really, these discussions of such vital issues happen all the time

It's due to a woman called Angela who collects and posts historic photos of Liverpool, easily a dozen or more a day. All it takes is for one of them to show a bus and somebody will ask "Didn't the 34 go down Edge Lane?", and they're off. Same applies to anything else that appears - it's remarkable how often some random photo of a residential street in, say, 1970 will have somebody popping up saying "That's my uncle's van parked on the left!" or "Third down is my gran's old house!" or what have you

The bus route past our former home was, is, and ever shall be the 78, for what it's worth
                I'm eternally grateful for my decision NOT to have a twitter account

Comment

I'm eternally grateful for my decision NOT to have a twitter account
                  Amidst all the garbage that flows on there, it's quite refreshing to have a minute or two of decent people reminiscing about stuff like that. She posted one this morning of the crowd in the Kop years ago, and one bloke recognised himself aged about five up on his now deceased dad's shoulders

Comment

Amidst all the garbage that flows on there, it's quite refreshing to have a minute or two of decent people reminiscing about stuff like that. She posted one this morning of the crowd in the Kop years ago, and one bloke recognised himself aged about five up on his now deceased dad's shoulders
                    I thought it was us old gits that got reminiscent

Comment

I thought it was us old gits that got reminiscent
                      All Liverpudlians are prone to it, due to the undoubted decline of the city over the past fifty years (although it's recovered a bit over the last twenty or so)

Comment

Working...
                      X