• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Other Bloke then asked whether, if they made it to the final, I'd watch it. Although he seemed pleasant enough, he was an unknown quantity, lacking all of his front teeth
    Teeth/tats ratio is important, apparently.

This afternoon's epic was "Beverly Hills Cop II" with Eddie Murphy et al.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092644/

It was very funny.

I well remember that it came out shortly after the Hungerford thing & Barry Norman pontificating about how dreadful all the guns were etc.

Ironic really, when one considers how many massacres they've had in SepticLand since then compared with the number we've had.

Followed by "The Jacket" with Kiera Knightley, Kris Kristofferson, Adrien Brody, Daniel Craig.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366627/?ref_=nv_sr_1

It was pretty strange, but quite interesting.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's home cinema experience commenced with a rewatch of Sicario (2015). Pretty violent, as one might expect of a film about the CIA taking on Mexican drug cartels, but good.

And to follow, the second film in what is apparently called "The Divergent Series" - presumably after the first, Divergent, which I watched a week or two back - Insurgent (2015), which continues in the vein of being OK for a futuristic dystopia apparently intended for a female teenage audience, but not as good as The Hunger Games.

Also, I realised during this one that the series lifts a few of its ideas from the novel We by Yevgeny Zamyatin, which influenced Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four, though Huxley denied that it also influenced Brave New World even though Orwell thought it had. Anyway, Orwell didn't borrow quite so heavily from it as the Divergent stuff seems to, but at least it's in good company

Goodnight all

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Too darned hot again, though it seems slightly less oppressive than yesterday and looks quite Simpsonesque at the moment

Comment

It's still to fecking hot.

Sunday lunch was lamb with added lamb's heart (stuffed).

Shortly, following doing the dishes, it's a trip down the dump (essential, Sunday wouldn't be Sunday without one), followed by the trip to Tesco & Morrisons.

Have I mentioned that it's still to fecking hot?

Comment

Ham toasties for lunch, because a roast gammon joint is the gift that keeps on giving for about a week

Comment

31°C at the back wall of the living room

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                it's a trip down the dump (essential, Sunday wouldn't be Sunday without one)
                Well that didn't happen but the trip to Tesco & Morrisons did.

Tea was a Morrisons steak & kidney pie with Heinz(tm) baked beans.

Living the dream.

This afternoon's entertainment in the unbearable heat was "Beverly Hills Cop III" which it would appear I've never seen before.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109254/

It was very good (considering that it's a III).

I want an Annihilator 2000.

But I want it upgraded to play Blurays instead.

Followed by "The Adams Family" which wasn't anywhere nearly as funny as I remembered.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101272/

A couple of laugh out loud moments, but otherwise rather tedious.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 July 2018, 20:12.

Comment

Southern fried chicken (not actually fried) and chips for tea

While I was in the kitchen waiting for the chip fryer to warm up, there was a high aircraft flying from the northwest leaving a slight vapour trail that was nicely illuminated by the setting sun. Checking on the FlightRadar24 app, I found it was a Gulfstream private jet. Probably an African dictator heading over to his bank in Liechtenstein after checking his investment portfolio at his bank on the Isle of Man

Comment

TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's entertainment, aside from some helicopter paramedic thing whilst eating dinner, was Witness (1985), which I saw some time on telly many years ago - probably the early 1990s or even the late 1980s. Very good, of course, and it makes a change from the usual cop film

Doctor's tomorrow morning

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X