• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had been planning to go to the chip shop tomorrow evening after doing the shopping, but then I remembered I'm at the dentist in the afternoon for ongoing work, and probably won't be in much of a position to chew stuff for a while afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Tonight's entertainment was Witness (1985), which I saw some time on telly many years ago - probably the early 1990s or even the late 1980s. Very good, of course, and it makes a change from the usual cop film

WNFS.

Looks like the sky box is on its way out. Think of the money I'll save.

TFBSZ.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

On the biggish screen this evening was Sin City (2005), which I thought was great fun, and very impressive visually

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Morning all
            Morning WTFH

Current status:

Also, <--

Comment

Morning denizens

A bit cloudy out, and cooler - still only 17°C outside

Though there's still too much heat trapped in here, but at least it's a bit more tolerable now

Comment

Morning denizens

A bit cloudy out, and cooler - still only 17°C outside

Though there's still too much heat trapped in here, but at least it's a bit more tolerable now
                You really need those windows to open again.

Nothing like stating the obvious of course.

I was vastly amused to find myself dreaming of snow early on Tuesday morning.

Mostly because the bedroom window was open & the temperature was below 24 dec C.

I still can't understand how the laundry room got itself up to 34.6 deg C yesterday when it was fairly cloudy & overcast all day.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 July 2018, 11:32.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  You really need those windows to open again.

Nothing like stating the obvious of course.
                  It would help

It's around this time every summer that I start considering various harebrained plans for getting up the front of the house and cutting the paint around the sashes, before concluding that there's a number of very good reasons they went to the trouble of putting scaffolding up from which to do the painting in the first place, mainly related to the avoidance of broken necks

I've even thought of removing the inner beading and working them loose from in here, but as each individual sliding bit is about five feet high I'd be bound to end up damaging something - probably myself - irreparably

Comment

It would help

It's around this time every summer that I start considering various harebrained plans for getting up the front of the house and cutting the paint around the sashes, before concluding that there's a number of very good reasons they went to the trouble of putting scaffolding up from which to do the painting in the first place, mainly related to the avoidance of broken necks

I've even thought of removing the inner beading and working them loose from in here, but as each individual sliding bit is about five feet high I'd be bound to end up damaging something - probably myself - irreparably
                    Faint memories of how difficult sash windows are to work on remind me that sometimes it's best left to people who know, vaguely, wtf they're doing.

Especially if it's as far up in the air as your windows appear to be.

Comment

The drain work in the doctor's back yard continues.

Yesterday, drain covers were lifted, and a small trench dug in concrete to a point adjacent to an outhouse at the rear of the building.

Today, the two blokes are occasionally moving back and forth to their van, not obviously carrying anything and walking very slowly, or standing looking down at things and having long but not particularly animated discussions about them.

There's very little, if any, sound or motion indicative of actual work being performed

Comment

Working...
                      X