• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely walk along the beach with The Wife (tm) and The Dog (tw), blue skies, sunshine and hot hot hot today. Off to Torquay tomorrow for a wedding.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      I've just found a Fujitsu FBM43CA bubble memory podule.

I don't think I've ever seen a bubble memory device before.

vintage bubble memory
      A friend of mine had a bubble memory module on an S100 bus card back in the 1980s, which he'd "acquired" from an employer who had it for assessment for some project but had passed on it, and left it in the "stuff nobody here even remembers ordering" area of the stores.

Comment

There's a rumour that "Commando 2" was turned into "Die Hard" with dear old Brucie.

It ain't so.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...k&client=opera

"I don't know how this story started on the Internet - it's completely wrong.

Die Hard is based on a novel called Nothing Lasts Forever by the author Roderick Thorpe, which is a sequel to his early book The Detective.

In fact, a good bar bet if you want to make some cash is to ask someone, 'Who was the first actor to play John McClane and in what movie?'

They will say, 'Bruce Willis in Die Hard' and you say, 'No! Frank Sinatra in The Detective!' and then run out before you get beat up.

Interestingly, 20th Century Fox had to contractually offer Bruce Willis's part in Die Hard to Frank Sinatra because it was a sequel to the original book!

Fortunately for Bruce, he said, 'I'm too old and too rich to act any more.'"

That's even more alarming than dear old Francis as "Dirty Harry". , as well as it being 16 years later. (1988 instead of 1971).

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Off to Torquay tomorrow for a wedding.

The Horror! Oh The Sheer Horror!

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        A friend of mine had a bubble memory module on an S100 bus card back in the 1980s, which he'd "acquired" from an employer who had it for assessment for some project but had passed on it, and left it in the "stuff nobody here even remembers ordering" area of the stores.
        Bit like wot I'm doing now then, then.

I've got plenty of S100 cards.

What I haven't got is an S100 backplane & psu.

Ho very hum.

And it seems a bit pointless to make one.

Amongst today's acquisitions of preloved dvds was "Lord of the Flies", a film & book I truly detest.

Maybe the fact that it only cost 33p will make it betterer.

There was someone in the Oxfam bookshoppe who practically reeked the place out.

Stone me he stank.

Quite put me off my dvd perusal.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 August 2018, 13:17.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Amongst today's acquisitions of preloved dvds was "Lord of the Flies", a film & book I truly detest.
          I read the book when I was about thirteen or fourteen. Loathed it.

I might watch the film some time though, despite that

Comment

Don't really want to go shopping, but the new Viz is out so I suppose I'll have to

Free fridge magnets with this issue!

Oh, and I'm running low on paracetamol for my ex-tooth, so I suppose that's another reason to go

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I read the book when I was about thirteen or fourteen. Loathed it.

I might watch the film some time though, despite that
              It was A Set Book, so especially loathsome.

And just in case I wasn't depressed enough, I got "Angela's Ashes" as well.

Just had an email about this year's brainwashing session in September.

I wonder why receiving one of these missives gives me the urge to reach for the AK.

Never mind.

Only 6 months left.
              Only 6 months left.
              Only 6 months left.
              Only 6 months left.
              Only 6 months left.
              Only 6 months left.
              Only 6 months left.
              Only 6 months left.

I have boxes and boxes of paracetamol that was prescribed for the late lamented Strangelove parents.

And some other "good" stuff.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 August 2018, 14:14.

Comment

Where does one purchase Viz from these days? I only ever see it at the airport.

Comment

Goddamn.

The 16:29 train has a fault on it.

This makes I pissed off.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Where does one purchase Viz from these days? I only ever see it at the airport.
                    Sainsbury's

Long gone are the days when I had to go to a comic shop in an underpass by the polytechnic that was the only place in the city that sold it

Comment

Shopping has been accomplished with a reasonable degree of success, defined as "I haven't yet remembered something I meant to get but didn't"

And while I was out I got a text telling me my sunglasses were ready, so as soon as I'd put the shopping away I walked up the road to collect them

They were fine, and the optician chap and I then ended up sharing horror stories of the A14, as he also used to drive it regularly when engaged in his studies at Cambridge

Comment

Working...
                      X