• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    WTF does 'marital status' need to be anything other than a binary response for anyway?.
    Get with it grandad. I don't think it's the spreadsheet that's out of date
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

well just been on a training course

about trust

I don't trust anyone it seems.

oh well

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Get with it grandad. I don't think it's the spreadsheet that's out of date
        Yeah yeah... At least the 'Gender' field isn't [yet] catering to every weird proclivity

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          well just been on a training course

about trust

I don't trust anyone it seems.

oh well
          You & me both.

Trust in the Lord & keep your powder dry. <- but don't do this with powder about because it will explode & kill you. Dead.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

2 data mapping spreadsheets containing VERY different values. Looks like my one is out of date

WTF does 'marital status' need to be anything other than a binary response for anyway?

And why have 1000 Indians descended on me to ask what the impact is on the other 200 reference data fields 5 minutes after i've spotted this issue.

I was quite enjoying today up till this point.
            Divorced, beheaded and died.
            Divorced, beheaded, survived.

and periods in-between i.e. separated ?

Or far more likely someone thought lets use Marital Status to identify a code for sexual preference because if we change that field we break John's spreadsheet?

Why the swarm - plausible deniability and blame shifting, "When we noticed that Barry had an error in his data we instantly asked what effect this error had on our super duper data, we are still waiting"

Note Germans are good at that as well.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Or far more likely someone thought lets use Marital Status to identify a code for sexual preference because if we change that field we break John's spreadsheet?

That's one of the changes - 'Married/Civil partner' is now two fields, though christ knows why, there are no policy rules based on this data. I suppose it'll keep a SAS monkey busy producing stats for some LBGTetc friendly advertising literature in future.

You could possibly infer religious persuasion from 'to be married' too, if you were that way inclined.

Comment

Single
                Married
                Separated
                Divorced
                Widowed

Could be binary if you group into "Married" or "Happy".
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

That's one of the changes - 'Married/Civil partner' is now two fields, though christ knows why, there are no policy rules based on this data. I suppose it'll keep a SAS monkey busy producing stats for some LBGTetc friendly advertising literature in future.

You could possibly infer religious persuasion from 'to be married' too, if you were that way inclined.
                  Interestingly enough of you do not need the data - you should not actually be capturing it.

GDPR and all that.

Comment

Pâté on toast for lunch

Brown toast, even. I could pretend this was for the sake of healthy eating, but it's actually because I've only got one slice of white left in the freezer

Comment

test please delete

At the airport, heading home
                      And away from this cyclist-infested city
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X