• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile on Twitter: just pointed out an obvious Putin troll claiming that the alleged Skripal poisoners "look Ukrainian".

Said troll replied to me

When I tried to reply to their reply, they'd already deleted it

International Politics Twitter is confusing

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Lunch has been a cob with Sainsbury's roast topside of beef
      Spooky, - here too, - with horseradish ??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        Spooky, - here too, - with horseradish ??
        Not a horseradish person. Lashings of coarsely-ground black pepper though

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Erm....

just a quiet word loike

I do the Manchester weather updates.....

you seem like a nice guy - would not want to see you swimming with the fishes....

capeesh

Who do you think you are, The Manchester Pusher?

I've been doing updates on Manchester for months.

Clouding over a bit now but bright enough. Probably related to the kids going back to school.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Well the only interesting thing during the hour and a half of tedium listening to the CHCFC was the little jumping spider who was crawling and jumping around the seats in front of me.

Tiny little thing.

Managed astonishing jumps though.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              I've been doing updates on Manchester for months.
              About f'kin time someone did. Will it be ready soon?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Erm....

just a quiet word loike

I do the Manchester weather updates.....

you seem like a nice guy - would not want to see you swimming with the fishes....

capeesh

At last a lead on the Manchester Canal Pusher.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-45173888

Comment

Meanwhile on Twitter: just pointed out an obvious Putin troll claiming that the alleged Skripal poisoners "look Ukrainian".

Said troll replied to me

When I tried to reply to their reply, they'd already deleted it

International Politics Twitter is confusing
                  And when I replied to their original reply in much the same vein they deleted that as well. That left my reply looking like it was replying to the OP and accusing them of being a troll, so I deleted that too.
                  Last edited by DaveB; 5 September 2018, 14:51.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

For an afternoon snack, I decided to have a pear which had fallen off one of our trees. It's rare that they ripen as much as they have this year, so I don't tend to check the trees much. V. tasty. Found one more windfall one and checked another which came off in my hand.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

After that, a film which I hadn't heard of until Peter Watts tweeted about its excellent use of London locations the other day: Children of Men (2006), set in a dystopian near-future in which the human race has become infertile, and an alcoholic journalist is dragooned by his ex-wife into helping smuggle the only pregnant woman in the world, who happens to be black, out of Britain to avoid the brutal clutches of the government.

To be honest, said government sounded very much like Theresa May's lot in their attitudes towards people they suspect of being a bit foreign in their parentage. So although it's supposed to be set ten years or so from now, aspects of it sounded more like the news over the past few weeks

It also occurred to me that some scenes of alleyways full of crap, indicative of dystopian social collapse, looked much as similar locations do in 1970s London TV plays such as “The Knowledge” and “Bar Mitzvah Boy”. So perhaps our expectations of the dingier corners of the capital have risen a little in the last few decades

Anyway, it's a bloody excellent film, and I recommend it highly

Oh, and it also features Michael Caine with long hair and a beard, living in a house in the woods and growing dope for a living

Goodnight all
                      Interview about the film with director and-writer Alfonso Cuarón: Alfonso Cuarón’s Children of Men Is a Dystopian Masterpiece

Comment

Working...
                      X