• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links are up

Yes, a bit late today. Sorry, I started watching a Batman film late last night and it turned out to be two-and-a-half hours long

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Links are up

Yes, a bit late today. Sorry, I started watching a Batman film late last night and it turned out to be two-and-a-half hours long
      Was it Batman goes paragliding? Parascending couple seriously injured after hitting electricity cables | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Oh great.

Someone else is now stirring the pot of tulipe that is this flaky network thing.

Oh joy.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

That feeling when the agent you just verbally accepted an offer from (luckily, contract not yet checked or signed) has his own thread in General for being a rip-off merchant...

I'm getting that feeling right now.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            That feeling when the agent you just verbally accepted an offer from (luckily, contract not yet checked or signed) has his own thread in General for being a rip-off merchant...

Oh dear

Hope it works out OK…

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post

That's an "Oh Dear(tm)" and no mistake.

However a verbal contract is worth the paper it's not printed on.

Never mind, think of me tomorrow, up in the Old Slough of Despond, dismantling Yet Another Lab.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 September 2018, 14:17.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch has been a couple of beef cobs, using yesterday's roast top rump

The remainder, of which there's a good amount, has been sliced, wrapped in greaseproof paper as individual portions, bagged, and frozen, to provide lunches in the time to come

Comment

I ventured outside, to collect the monthly prescription, and a book from the sorting office on the edge the Universe.

It looks very Simpsonesque out there now, though it's still not very warm. Warm enough inside the car without the heating on though, thanks to the sun

Comment

Managed to move enough boxes and stuff that I'll be able to put the fire on if, as seems likely, the temperature gets any lower

It doesn't really address the business of sorting the damn place out properly, but at least I won't freeze as I sit there wondering where to start

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

And the fire is on, meaning the living room has been filled with the delightful aroma of burning dust

Comment

Working...
                      X