• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Popped round to the doc's. Flu jabs won't be here until next week
    I'm being bombarded with text messages to call for an appointment for a 'flu jag.
    I think they've over ordered.
    Or they know something i don't.

Comment

Tonight's tea has been lamb chops, chips, peas, and gravy; and very nice it was

Comment

Today's 2nd trip to Ye Olde Slough of Despond up the hill.

This time via a motor carriage rather than Shank's pony.

Memo to self: do not ever ever ever catch the 32 bus from Swansea to Neath, it takes forever and goes through places where it might be wise to be armed.

By the time we go to Birchgrove I was wondering if it was ever going to reach Neath.

Then it parked up, the driver turned the engine off & got out to talk to his mate.

5 minutes later & off we went.

Him driving & me the only passenger.

Until halfway down Skewen hill, someone who'd missed the 58 got on.

This morning it reached the dizzy heights of 7.6 deg C in the laundry room.

I must admit it felt a good deal colder in Swansea.

Tea was, unusually for a Tuesday, breaded haddock from M&S.

It was rather nice, but slightly over done.

No stewed anything for sweet though, since I haven't defrosted anything.

Tonight's televisual feast was the thing on BBC2 about the Spanish Flu of 1918.

I'm not sure it told me anything I hadn't heard before but the dramatisation was fairly gruesome with added grue.

Good to know that the little girl recovered from the flu & despite losing her father, mother & brother, lived to the ripe old age of 99.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight, I found myself back in the land of bleak Danish drama with The Keeper of Lost Causes (2013), concerning a policeman who has been moved sideways in the hierarchy to a cold case unit, only to discover a live case. I assume that the idea was to have a series of some kind after this, which is based on a book series, but I don't know if that happened. Anyway, it's rather good if you like stuff like this, as I do

And then some more of The West Wing taking me up to the end of S1, including what I assume is Mandy's final appearance. I wonder when the actress first realised that her position was untenable? Probably later than if she'd been working in the actual West Wing now, where they all seem to be assuming they'll get thrown out at any second and therefore leak like crazy to cover their asses

Speaking of which, I've had Bob Woodward's new book for a week now, and haven't yet got round to reading it.

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Memo to self: do not ever ever ever catch the 32 bus from Swansea to Neath, it takes forever and goes through places where it might be wise to be armed.
            You're turning into a Scouser

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I believe I've previously mentioned the way Scouse Twitter will sometimes veer off into long nostalgic discussions of bus routes…

Comment

Morning all!

Day 18 of permydom.

Bolton on't 'ill.

as of 07:05 BST it's dark. Almost satanic.

Checking in some code changes via PVCS - who the feck (else) still uses that tulip!

Meeting in Bochum next week - last time I was there it was with Nokia - who are no more, in Bochum anyway!

OK, better get on with it.

Have a good day all!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Morning all

Rainy day in Glasgow, heading hom later.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sunny and NotSoCold in the New Slough of Despond.

Having forgotten some mains leads up in Ye Olde Slough of Despond, I'll have to walk up there again today.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Strangely dark in manchester this morning.

I am sure on Monday the sun was up as I was driving in at 6.30 - but this morning it was dark - not sure if cloudy or the sun is rising later (well yes the sun is rising later but I did not think 2 days would make such a difference)

Anyway off to Alton Towers tomorrow!

Happy Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                      That feeling when the agent you just verbally accepted an offer from (luckily, contract not yet checked or signed) has his own thread in General for being a rip-off merchant...

I'm getting that feeling right now.
                      And on reflection I've managed to get one of my other contract prospects live, so I'm going to dump this guy. It didn't help his cause that the credit check I did on the agency came back poor too and the contract was full of IR35-unfriendliness.

There are some risks worth taking, and some just stupidity...

Comment

Working...
                      X