• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Feeling distinctly here - been shivering on the sofa for two days, now in the office but can't stop sneezing.

Luckily, two days of permiedom left.

Comment

Dear deity, this is like having teeth pulled without anaesthetic.

Someone shoot me please it would be a mercy.

The fecking network is ok for some, ok for me, and hates some Esteemed Customers completely.

Plus the compulsory Esteemed Customer who doesn't know what Ctrl-Alt-Del is.

That's even more impressive that the guy who was impressed when someone showed him how to get capital letters.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just been asked a few questions by a large agency. About contract/permie thing. A couple I got: -

What is the biggest pitfall a new contractor can make?
        Not doing any research. At least read first timers guide on CUK.

How does a contractor know if their umbrella is reputable?
        Check is out on CUK.

So the agent then asked what this CUK site is. I let him do a bit of research. He wanted to know why he had not heard of it before - and will approach admin about using links in their official literature.

Naturally I pointed out that admin and mods are wonderful. Once they had served 10 years in the role.

I think all our mods have served 10 years?

Comment

Heard a loud knocking at the front door, sounding like a postman. Leaped up, threw some clothes on, rushed downstairs… and somebody from one of the flats down there had already answered

And it wasn't even for me. Parcel from Asos for the first floor back

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Heard a loud knocking at the front door, sounding like a postman.
            How does a postman knock that is so identifiable?

I know a NF knocks like the sound of an Orion back-firing.....

Comment

Ye lab from Ye Olde Slough of Desponde has just arrived at The New Slough of Despond.

So I'm putting it back together again.

I wonder if I'll have any bit left over, like.

Best of all, A Comfy Chair came down for me to sit on.

The one that was here was playing havoc with me farmers.

And this chair hasn't got arms so my elbows will get better too.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

The fecking network is ok for some, ok for me, and hates some Esteemed Customers completely.
                Then at least you and the network have something in common.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Dear deity, this is like having teeth pulled without anaesthetic.

Someone shoot me please it would be a mercy.

Plus the compulsory Esteemed Customer who doesn't know what Ctrl-Alt-Del is.

That's even more impressive that the guy who was impressed when someone showed him how to get capital letters.
                  I take back what I said about the door locks. Sounds like this lot would struggle to hack their way out of a paper bag without injuring themselves.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                    How does a postman knock that is so identifiable?

I know a NF knocks like the sound of an Orion back-firing.....
                    Something about the firm rapping, five strokes, that you only get from people who are used to knocking on doors and realise that you need to knock a bit harder for a place with multiple flats

Comment

In a sudden, frenzied outburst of activity, I have started a Scotch broth in the slow cooker: carrots, onions, celery, leeks, and the remains of two half-shoulders of lamb: one knuckle, one blade, making a whole shoulder in Frankenstein sheep terms

I'm doing it on low, so it'll get about eight hours, with the Scotch broth mix of pulses and such going in for the last two. As I recall, that usually works out about right.

And once that was on, a bacon cob for lunch

Comment

Working...
                      X