• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grey and chilly in the people's republic of sluff.
    Last edited by vetran; 4 October 2018, 10:12.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Finally got through to a human after about twenty minutes on hold, during which the service status page insisted everything was fine. They said it would take a couple of minutes to run their tests. Ten seconds in they said yes, there's an area-wide fault, but it'll be fixed by teatime.

This is exactly what they said yesterday

And now the service status page is admitting there's summat wrong. So I've achieved something

Comment

Got a text from the GP's surgery saying flu jabs were now available, so I popped next door to make an appointment. They said I could get it now, so I waited fifteen minutes, and jabbed I was

While there, I used my wi-fi connection to check the cable modem status page, and it said it had just reconnected, about the time I headed downstairs. So that's working again, for now at least

And there was a poster in the waiting room advising that they now have free NHS wi-fi, which it turns out I can connect to from my living room, just as I can connect to my own when I'm there. So next time there's an outage, I'll be able to use the NHS's network to get online

Comment

I just had my flu shot.

A jab well done.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Ten seconds in they said yes, there's an area-wide fault, but it'll be fixed by teatime.

This is exactly what they said yesterday
            Failed to define which teatime.

Just had a nice doze.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The remains of Monday's chicken are now in the slow cooker, in the early stages of chicken and barley soup

Comment

Ham toasties for lunch

It's turned sunny and Simpsonesque here now; the temperature outside is up to 19°C

Comment

I can almost see Margam.

Not sure if this is A Good Thing or not.

There's a new ship in the dock.

This one is loading scrap metal from the other side of the dock.

<hiatus>

Sun's out.

Still can't see Margam.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 October 2018, 15:12.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    I can almost see Margam.

Not sure if this is A Good Thing or not.

There's a new ship in the dock.

This one is loading scrap metal from the other side of the dock.

<hiatus>

Sun's out.

Still can't see Margam.
                    At least they aren't unloading fish immediately below the air conditioning intakes

The air ambulance was buzzing about very low and nearby earlier on. Turns out some bloke got hit by a car a couple of hundred yards up the road and for some reason the helicopter was needed, so they were probably trying to find somewhere to land.

Seems a bit odd, as A&E is only a mile away almost straight up the road from where the accident happened. But maybe they just wanted the helicopter doctor to prep him for a road trip, or perhaps they took him up to Nottingham or down to Coventry - they do that sometimes.

*checks local paper website*

His injuries weren't serious or life-threatening, and he was taken to the local hospital, so no idea why the helicopter showed up
                    Last edited by NickFitz; 4 October 2018, 16:20.

Comment

Tea this evening, just for a change like, was lentil <pfffft> soup.

Very unusual for a Thursday.

The R4 comedy very rapidly bit the off switch.

There was a stiff found over in Skewen a couple of days ago & as I was travelling home on the luxurious X55 I noticed what might have been a copper & some sort of camera on the canal overbridge near McDonalds on the A465.

No helicopters though.

Comment

Working...
                      X