• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Unless it's in the first place you look & you can't see the wood for the trees.
    This happens to me disturbingly frequently these days.

You need a bigger chainsaw!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny out

The trees are still waving their arms about a lot though, which is making it rather windy.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        After what seems an eternity looking for a new job, it seems I am now gainfully employed (Subject to contracts & references).
        Congratulations!

Comment

Turkey in a wholemeal bap and a bag of plain crisps for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Congratulations!

Thanks!

Strange how negative the emotions are being unemployed.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Having ventured out to remove some broken asbestos sheeting from the Strangelove parent's carport, it immediately started a monsoon, so once that was done, I came back indoors again and watched the end of "On the Beach(2000)".

I was going to get the chainsaw out & massacre some more bushes, but it was a good deal too wet to bother.

And Brian Brown did, indeed, race his Ferrari, but not quite in the same way as Fred Astaire, it being a rather more recent film.

He didn't do what I seem to recall him doing in the book, namely pulling the plugs & filling the bores with engine oil before quietly popping his clogs.

What no one seemed to point out in either film is that NZ is further south than Melbourne & would presumably take a little longer for the radiation to arrive.

Following the end of that epic, it was time for something a little lighter, namely "Black Adder's Xmas Carol" wherein our hero discovers the disadvantages of being good & the advantages of being evil.

I wonder if Prince Albert really was that dense.

The 2nd feature this windy rainswept afternoon is "Gun shy" with Liam Neeson and Sandra Bullock.

Gun Shy (2000) - IMDb

Which was ok in its way, fairly amusing, not run of the mill.

Sandra Bullock was very much a co-star rather than the lead.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 October 2018, 19:27.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Warm out - 24°C

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                He didn't do what I seem to recall him doing in the book, namely pulling the plugs & filling the bores with engine oil before quietly popping his clogs.
                That's right - he was very careful to make sure the car was properly laid up

Comment

Meanwhile in Belgium: Technician Accidentally Fires Vulcan Cannon And Destroys An F-16 On The Ground In Belgium

Comment

Is that Assguru's new gig ??

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Warm out - 24°C

That's right - he was very careful to make sure the car was properly laid up
                      It's about 18 here and wet with it.

The wind seems to have dropped a bit which is nice.

Tonight's final feature is "Thick as Thieves" with Morgan "The Voice of God" Freeman and one of my least favourite actors, Mr. Banderas.

Thankfully this last isn't doing his way over the top smuck in this one.

I've seen it before and the dvd is a fairly obvious copy.

Thick as Thieves (2009) - IMDb

It was ok for a heist film, I'd forgotten the twist.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 October 2018, 21:34.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X