• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I am informed by Royal Mail that they will attempt delivery of An Item, some time between an hour ago and three hours hence. Narrows it down a bit, I suppose
    Aaaand carded

Trip out to the sorting office at the end of the Universe on Monday, then

Comment

Aaaand carded

Trip out to the sorting office at the end of the Universe on Monday, then
      DPD are delivering an item between 17:17 and 18:17 today apparently. Cannonball Run home from work it is then!
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        DPD are delivering an item between 17:17 and 18:17 today apparently. Cannonball Run home from work it is then!
        I like getting stuff from DPD because you can see them working their way towards you on a map

Comment

When I have parcels delivered by the post office, the post just opens the front door and sets them in the hall for me.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I like getting stuff from DPD because you can see them working their way towards you on a map
            Now, that would be great, to race them home and track them on the map. Well, it would be, if it weren't for the fact that they're delivering my dash-mounting contraption for my phone.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Now, that would be great, to race them home and track them on the map. Well, it would be, if it weren't for the fact that they're delivering my dash-mounting contraption for my phone.
              Code:
              $ ['🥚','🐔'].sort()⏎

["🐔", "🥚"]

Comment

And as expected, 10 mins ago the postie opened our from door and left two parcels inside for us.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Code:
                  $ ['��','��'].sort()⏎

["��", "��"]

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  The windscreen sees the 3K microwave background whereas the side windows see the rather warmer surroundings.

At least that's one explanation I've seen.
                  WDSLS
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Code:
                    $ ['🥚','🐔'].sort()⏎

["🐔", "🥚"]
                    Well, that's a tough one. According to the Bible, the chicken came first. However, Eve must surely have ovulated at some point, ergo, I'd go with egg.

Comment

Well, that's a tough one. According to the Bible, the chicken came first. However, Eve must surely have ovulated at some point, ergo, I'd go with egg.
                      In the first creation myth in Genesis, it says that on the fifth day He created, among other things, "fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven"; whereas "God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them" on the sixth day. So the chickens were there before Eve.

Eve is first mentioned by name in the second creation myth, in which the order in which things are created is different: Adam is created, then "Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air". But that's still before Eve is formed from Adam's rib and thus available for ovulation.

So the chicken still wins, whichever myth you choose to believe

Comment

Working...
                      X