• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all Blue skies and a nice breeze down in the Jurassic Coast as we prepare to bury the Mother In Law.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Morning all Blue skies and a nice breeze down in the Jurassic Coast as we prepare to bury the Mother In Law.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        <- manly

Comment

Morning sessions at the conference have been something of a mixed bag

Always good to see one of Ruth John’s chaotic talks, with demos, about the Web Audio API, though (“Lasers! *ping* *ping* *ping*”)

Comment

Oh, and the seating is wretchedly uncomfortable

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Morning sessions at the conference have been something of a mixed bag

Always good to see one of Ruth John’s chaotic talks, with demos, about the Web Audio API, though (“Lasers! *ping* *ping* *ping*”)
              *pew* *pew* surely?
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                *pew* *pew* surely?
                Yes, I stand corrected

The real-time audio subtitling guy just typed [LASERS] which was one way to avoid any mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Oh, and the seating is wretchedly uncomfortable
                  The seating finally won; I have given up and returned to the hotel to nurse my aching back

The last few talks looked quite promising, but I wasn’t really expecting to learn anything new from them, or at least not anything I couldn’t find for myself online.

Comment

I think I've given up expecting to learn anything.

Had a pleasant doze at lunch time.

Now if I can only encourage the two Esteemed Customers in the lab to feck off, then I'll be on my way at 16:00.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

A bit bored now

I’ve got to get the car out of the car park at 18:15 (prepaid until then but staying after that would incur an hourly charge that would wipe out the saving from prepaying), but the spec by the front door of the hotel is restricted until 18:30. Trying to work out a route round central London in the rush hour that will take the requisite amount of time, but no more than that

Might just park in one of the normal spaces and pay for the remaining ten minutes or so, then move

Comment

Working...
                      X