• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greeting from Cardiff

Wherein the present Mrs B has a tutorial for her OU course.

Have passed a pleasant'ish hour wandering down to the bay and back and am now ensconced in a pleasant enough coffee shop for the duration.

Off to sunny Barry this afternoon to visit the son and help him to wire up some light fittings and sockets. They had an electrician lined up who was apparently the boyfriend of his girlfriends mother's cousin, but they've fallen out, the cousin and electrician, not the mother and the cousin, mother and daughter or son and girlfriend, so now he isn't coming.

I don't know why people bother with families, nothing but trouble in my experience.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Arrival at the Amazon Locker while I was away

Comment

Stuff in the box

Last edited by NickFitz; 27 October 2018, 12:31.

Comment

It's raining

And apparently there's football at teatime. Seems a bit odd, having it then. Don't the players get off work at their factories at lunchtime on a Saturday, hence the traditional 3pm kickoff?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Stuff in the box
            Oooh, shiny!
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Arrival at the Amazon Locker while I was away

We like the Kinks then do we?

This afternoon's first feature for the budding psychopath was "John Wick" with Keanu Reeves.

John Wick (2014) - IMDb

I'm currently wondering what the body count was.

[spoiler]One should never be unkind to someone's dog.[/spoiler]

76 apparently.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 October 2018, 14:05.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

We like the Kinks then do we?

They're OK

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                This afternoon's first feature for the budding psychopath was "John Wick" with Keanu Reeves.

John Wick (2014) - IMDb
                Good film. The second one is also good, and there's a third (and, AIUI, final) one coming out next year.

Which reminds me, the second Equalizer (US spelling) film should be reaching the home video market soon.

Comment

Still raining. Not warming up either: 4°C out there; it was 3° this morning

Comment

And there we are, an afternoon spent burning stuff.

Including the last remaining fence panel provided as a birthday present from the Strangelove parents about 10 years ago.

It must be said that they were, in essence, crap panels and very probably not worth the money they cost.

A shedload of other crap met its end, which was most satisfying in an amateur arsonist sort of way.

Tea, when eventually I'd had enough of burning things, was liver and bacon with onion gravy.

It's not nearly as nice sans salt but there you go.

And once I've done the dishes, it'll be time for another dvd.

So much choice, it sort of stymies one a bit.

It didn't seem too cold out there, but then again, one half was freezing whilst the other was either smoked to death or toasted.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Watching a jeff beck history from BBC4 some time ago.
                      very good.
                      cornish pasty and beans for dinner with a nice<insert wine variety here>

Comment

Working...
                      X