• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lot of traffic out there, so the football must have finished.

Off to the Chinese in a minute

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        In the Chinese
        And very nice it was

Comment

Lot of traffic out there, so the football must have finished.
          Not air traffic, though: Leicester City owner's helicopter crashes

And a 1-1 draw too, so it's not as if it had been worth going there in the first place

Comment

Not air traffic, though: Leicester City owner's helicopter crashes

And a 1-1 draw too, so it's not as if it had been worth going there in the first place
            Quite.

Looks rather nasty in a very fecking nasty sort of way.

The perils of having too much money and too many jesus bolts flying in formation.

This evening's televisual epic was "Lethal Weapon 2" wherein Mel Gibson & Danny Glover sort out the nasty South Efricans, the leading nasty being played by Joss Ackland.

Lethal Weapon 2 (1989) - IMDb

It was ok but nowhere near as ultraviolent as "John Wick".

LW2 is an 18, whereas JW is a 15.

How thing have changed in 30 years.

They've changed even more since "ultraviolence" appeared in Mr Kubrick's film "A Clockwork Orange" in 1972.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 October 2018, 22:48.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's feast of entertainment opened with Black Water (2018), in which a CIA operative finds himself captive in a CIA submarine that "doesn't exist" and has to work out what's going on and fight his way out. As so often with these things, it's a bit handwavey about such matters as how many bullets a magazine can hold and why incredibly complex security systems can be circumvented in remarkably easy and obvious ways, but there's shedloads of action so who cares

After that: Clockers (1995), a gritty urban drama about drug dealing and murder in the Brooklyn projects (an American term for council estates). I was struggling to get into this a little at the start, because the characters were slotting into place like easy stereotypes (young black drug dealers, cops who hassle them in illegal ways, decent people trying to raise their kids right, evil overlord) but as it went on they developed more depth and the murder story at the heart of the film turned out to have more subtle nuances, and by the end I was completely won over: an excellent film, and worth taking the time for.

And then another episode of The West Wing, seeing as there was an extra hour on offer tonight. Spoiler alert for those who haven't managed to see this one in the eighteen years or so since it was first broadcast: <spoiler>Mrs. Landingham dies</spoiler>

So much for an extra hour's sleep

Goodnight all

Comment

Dry.

Vaguely sunny.

Notsocoldish.

13.1 deg in here, and 4.1 in the laundry room with a min of 3.6, but that might have been yesterday's min.

Quite pleasant in a pleasant sort of way.

The bonfire seems to have consumed all the vanities and assorted crap available, which is satisfying.

I feel that more "gardening" may be required this afternoon.

Most of the leaves appear to have departed from the apple & pear trees, so won't have to sweep many more of those up.

The search for clocks to correct is ongoing, there's always a few that I forget.

The apparently never ending suitylike lurgy is ongoing, though doses of assorted varieties of cough linctus seem to help a little, but not really very much.

Stone me it's a bit chilly out there with the wind.

CBS too.

The weather's borked again.

Sunday shop done & dusted.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 October 2018, 11:48.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Nice out, but chilly at 8°C; though not as chilly as yesterday, when it hovered around 4 all day

Comment

Roast lamb with stuffed lamb's heart.

Being sans NaCl it was bland beyond belief.

Dunno if it's worth living longer if nothing fecking tastes of anything.

Even the sprouts seemed tasteless.

Sounds like that chap's daughter was in the chopper with him.

<hiatus>

House sort of vacced.

I suppose I ought to move stuff about and vac under it, but it's too difficult to bother.

Did a bit of dusting, which revealed A Lot of Dust.

I suppose I'd better do some gardening since it's sunny.

I've opened all the upstairs windows (to make NF jealous since mine open ) to blow some fresh air through the place.

I'm fairly sure that's A Good Idea, though I don't know quite why.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 October 2018, 14:39.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      Watching a jeff beck history from BBC4 some time ago.
                      very good.
                      cornish pasty and beans for dinner with a nice<insert wine variety here>
                      So glad you call it that ;-)

Comment

Working...
                      X