• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grey and raining.

That is all.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Getting dark earlier this week. Though if we’d left well alone in spring, the clocks would have been correct all along.

Anyway, it’s not too cold yet, and I’m in the process of making chips

Comment

X55 home, the amount of perfume worn by some of the occupants really didn't do my cough a power of good.

I was glad to get off in Neath and breathe some air that didn't make me cough.

Much warmer this evening.

The laundry room today was 1.8 min, 10.8 max, currently 9.6 deg.

Just watched an interesting prog on PBS about Pratt & Whitney radial engines & their refurbishment.

I suspect that this evening's tv will consist largely of the conclusion of yesterday's "Taggart".

The rain has been quite heavy this evening, though it was kind enough to wait until I got home before the murrain of beasts part began.

Now watching a bit of insanity about the A10.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 October 2018, 19:47.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Going to be below freezing hereabouts tonight, apparently

I really should get the thicker duvet out.
          And so it came to pass: switched from the 4.5 tog ⅓-duvet to the 9 tog ⅔-duvet. If the end of November is anything like last year, I’ll be clipping them together before too long, but that should do for now

This is of course the new two-part duvet I treated myself to the other month.

Comment

For tea tonight: chicken in red wine sauce, with chips and petits pois. Very, very nice it was; and two portions to be squirrelled away in the freezer

That, along with the surplus chips I made earlier and the bread I bought on Monday, just about brings the freezer back to full again, so I need to guzzle more of its contents

Comment

Just in case I didn't mention it earlier, tea was the last of the roast lamb, with carrots & onions.

It was very nice.

Followed by stewed prunes & custard.

Tomorrow it'll be stewed blackberries instead, in an attempt to relieve the pressure on the freezer, which badly needs defrosting.

The 2nd half of Taggart duly watched.

I'd managed to forget most of the plot in the 33 years since I saw it last.

And verily the heavens opened and brought forth the deluge of the Murrain of Beasts, which did fall upon the land like a waterfall with lumps in, corresponding either to big raindrops or maybe hail.

And so it came to pass that it became TFBSZ.

Comment

Swedish Halloween Movie Night here, with Låt den rätte komma in (2008), or Let the Right One In in English. A twelve-year-old boy meets a twelve-year-old girl, but as we know from that nice Swedish lady at the Interesting Conference the other year, supernatural beings walk the mountains, forests, and housing estates of Sweden (despite the Swedes’ attempts to pretend otherwise to the rest of the world) and all is not as it seems…

Excellent film, I thought, and worth a watch even on nights when the forces of darkness aren’t exalted

Early night now, for I have the dentist in the morning

Goodnight all

Comment

And now we're back to Mancunia's speciality - mo'drizzle fo'shizzle.

It's that camping rain, the stuff that soaks you to the bone (cue the Oasis song up people!)

Staved a cold off yesterday with Lemsip Max tablets and an early night and I was right as rain at 6:15 this morning. Side roads nice and quiet but the M60 was still pants.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

CBS now, and the sun has arisen over Margam.

Dry, unlike the monsoon overnight.

I noticed that someone had stirred their sticks & got the leaves off the drain grating.

Comment

Morning all
                      Overcast on the walk earlier, now tipping it down. A test of my roof repairs.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X