• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Swedish Halloween Movie Night here, with Låt den rätte komma in (2008), or Let the Right One In in English. A twelve-year-old boy meets a twelve-year-old girl, but as we know from that nice Swedish lady at the Interesting Conference the other year, supernatural beings walk the mountains, forests, and housing estates of Sweden (despite the Swedes’ attempts to pretend otherwise to the rest of the world) and all is not as it seems…

Excellent film, I thought, and worth a watch even on nights when the forces of darkness aren’t exalted

Early night now, for I have the dentist in the morning

Goodnight all
    At least you did not watch Marathon Man.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
      At least you did not watch Marathon Man.
      <spoiler>Or Lethal Weapon 4. </spoiler>

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Manchester is now quite pleasant - earlier rain seems to have gone and it is at a balmy 10 degrees....

Thank god it's Thursday.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day here, and a less-than-balmy 9°C

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Manchester is now quite pleasant - earlier rain seems to have gone and it is at a balmy 10 degrees....

Thank god it's Thursday.
            Agreed!

Actually quite sunny here now with some blue through the clouds.

Comment

At the dentist

Comment

Back from the dentist, where the pause since my last appointment, intended for my gums to recover from the double extraction, seems to have had the side effect of resetting their systems and completely erasing all memory of the ongoing course of treatment that I thought was still in progress.

So I was greeted by the dentist with a breezy "Just a check-up today, is it?" and had to go back over the whole course of treatment I'd already had, including the three or four attempts at performing a root canal before he gave up and pulled the damn thing out. I'm still not convinced they had any record of any of it

Still, I've just checked and I'd never paid them, so as far as that's concerned it still works out as being the same course of treatment, just with a repeat of some paperwork; and as the previous treatment plan was shot to ribbons by now anyway, I don't suppose it makes much difference. Doesn't inspire much confidence in their administrative procedures, though

Comment

Back from the dentist, where the pause since my last appointment, intended for my gums to recover from the double extraction, seems to have had the side effect of resetting their systems and completely erasing all memory of the ongoing course of treatment that I thought was still in progress.

So I was greeted by the dentist with a breezy "Just a check-up today, is it?" and had to go back over the whole course of treatment I'd already had, including the three or four attempts at performing a root canal before he gave up and pulled the damn thing out. I'm still not convinced they had any record of any of it

Still, I've just checked and I'd never paid them, so as far as that's concerned it still works out as being the same course of treatment, just with a repeat of some paperwork; and as the previous treatment plan was shot to ribbons by now anyway, I don't suppose it makes much difference. Doesn't inspire much confidence in their administrative procedures, though

Not inspired with confidence indeed!

Comment

They could do with a new computer program to manage their systems.

Does anyone know someone with some coding skills?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                      They could do with a new computer program to manage their systems.

Does anyone know someone with some coding skills?
                      Lots of time and date stuff involved - I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole

Comment

Working...
                      X