• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few cocktail sausages and a bag of chicken crisps for lunch. Gourmet time

Comment

18% charge has gone in, but someone has turned on a light. (192W of solar being generated, 27W being used)
      Also, the strength of the sun is really dropping fast.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

As I was away on Thursday night last week, the recycling bin wasn't put out, this task apparently being beyond the capabilities of the occupants of the other flats. So last night the bin was full to bursting, and I couldn't fit my own recycling in it

I've just brought the bin back from its emptying and crammed my stuff into the bottom of it. But next week I'm again going to be away on Thursday, so the following week it'll once again be full to bursting

Comment

Leave a note before you go? What happened when you were in hospital? Somebody must be capable

Comment

T6 bus on the way home.

Luxury.

And fast.

M&S breaded haddock for tea followed by stewed blackberries & custard.

Now about to watch "Body of Lies".

I may be some time.

3 horses plus riders rather alarmingly attempting to cross a roundabout in Swansea yesterday.

Didn't look like pikeys but you never know.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
              Leave a note before you go? What happened when you were in hospital? Somebody must be capable
              You'd think. I've sometimes wondered what happened while I was in hospital, and I suspect they just ended up roaming the neighbourhood seeking out not-yet-full recycling bins in which to dump their stuff at the dead of night

I'm not into leaving a note because I don't know who might be coming in and out through the hall, so I'm not keen on having something there that either literally or by implication says "I'm not going to be at home during this specific time period"

Comment

Quite, you don’t want to advertise your absence, but maybe a note on bin or inside of gate suggesting bin would like a walk/wheel/relocation for the good of its health

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I'm not into leaving a note because I don't know who might be coming in and out through the hall, so I'm not keen on having something there that either literally or by implication says "I'm not going to be at home during this specific time period"
                  well, you've told us. so now you're really fecked

Comment

"Body of Lies (2008)", Leonardo Di Caprio, Kevin Spacey, & Mark Strong (in a wig) duly watched.

It was good.

Body of Lies (2008) - IMDb

I did intend to watch the thing about chocolate but in the end I couldn't be arsed.

Now watching Mr Portillo wandering around a Military Hospital where plastic surgery got invented.

Grim.

All about Gillies and McIndoe.

And, oddly enough, sex reassignment operations in the 30s and 40s.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 November 2018, 23:02.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      M&S breaded haddock for tea followed by stewed blackberries & custard.
                      I followed your example for tea tonight, though not exactly: M&S chunky haddock fillets in batter, with chips and beans. Very nice indeed

Seems it'll be a bit milder tonight, with a low of 5°C

Comment

Working...
                      X