• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
    Quite, you don’t want to advertise your absence, but maybe a note on bin or inside of gate suggesting bin would like a walk/wheel/relocation for the good of its health
    Yes, that might be worth a try. Though I suspect they'd all still assume somebody else was going to take care of it, if they noticed it at all

I might put it out before I leave, and just hope it hasn't vanished into one of the neighbour's yards before I get back. Though it doesn't matter much if it does, as I'd grab it back the next week.

Comment

Putting the telly on to watch while eating dinner (Ambulance in iPlayer), I managed my new customary bit of self-confusion by spending a couple of minutes fiddling around with the remote, checking the sound bar, and so forth before finally working out that the reason it seemed so quiet was that I'd forgotten my hearing aids

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I followed your example for tea tonight, though not exactly: M&S chunky haddock fillets in batter, with chips and beans. Very nice indeed

Seems it'll be a bit milder tonight, with a low of 5°C

The laundry room got itself down to about 2.7 deg this morning.

After all the washing and drying in there it got all the way up to 12 deg just now.

Anyway TFBSZ.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Putting the telly on to watch while eating dinner (Ambulance in iPlayer), I managed my new customary bit of self-confusion by spending a couple of minutes fiddling around with the remote, checking the sound bar, and so forth before finally working out that the reason it seemed so quiet was that I'd forgotten my hearing aids
          WOT??

Comment

Tonight's film was Going in Style (2017), a comedy heist movie starring Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, and Alan Arkin as retired steelworkers whose pension fund is shut down by a bank and decide to take back what is rightfully theirs through the medium of armed robbery. It's excellent, the cast are obviously enjoying themselves hugely, and it had me laughing out loud on numerous occasions. Highly recommended

And then a bit more of The West Wing, as I might as well plough through it now I'm committed

Goodnight all

Comment

Tonight's film was Going in Style (2017), a comedy heist movie starring Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, and Alan Arkin as retired steelworkers whose pension fund is shut down by a bank and decide to take back what is rightfully theirs through the medium of armed robbery. It's excellent, the cast are obviously enjoying themselves hugely, and it had me laughing out loud on numerous occasions. Highly recommended

Yes, The Voice of God and Not A Lot of People Know That in the same film.

I liked it a lot too.

Temperature in here is a heady 16.4 deg whilst the laundry room min was 9.6 deg and it's currently 11.7 deg.

I'm almost sweating.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 November 2018, 09:02.

Comment

Morning all
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy here, which is keeping it from being too cold

Comment

I've lost a batphone.

And I can't phone the fecker up because I don't know the number.

took it out of my pocket this morning and put it down, now it's completely disappeared.

Plus it's black.

Found it!

Noticed this morning that the fuschia/fuchsia next to the patio is looking as sad as it did back in March after the frost & snow.

I cut it hard back (it was 6 feet tall and easily 5 feet across) last April & it recovered well, but the recent cold weather seems to have given it a bit of a knock.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 November 2018, 14:18.

Comment

Off to the Amazon Locker for the just-delivered More Blood, More Tracks (deluxe edition), being the unused material from Dylan's 1974 sessions for Blood on the Tracks.

I was thinking it was quite mild as I walked up there, but then I realised I had my thick woolly jumper on which helps considerably

Comment

Working...
                      X