• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tonight's double bill opened with Ocean's Twelve (2004), being the one after the previous one. Apparently some critics have described it as lazy, self-satisfied, and illogical; others called it smug. I see no reason to disagree with any of these people. It's fairly entertaining, but definitely a triumph of style over substance.

This was followed by Scorched Earth (2018), a vehicle for MMA fighter turned actress Gina Carano. Set in a post-apocalyptic blah blah, it's basically a Western in most respects. There's some good bits, but it's pretty formulaic overall. Not bad, but nothing to write home about.
    Ocean's 12 was something to watch if you're a completist.

Re Ms Carano, I watched "Haywire" which was her breakout role & is, indeed, a fine piece of mayhem.

Haywire (2011) - IMDb

I must admit that my first excursion into "Beck" territory has put me off bothering again.

In the meantime, it's 16.2 deg in here, with 12.8 deg in the laundry room with a min of 12.6.

Extremely grey.

No detectable precipitation.

No sun.

November.

The weather really is unborked.

Rain, hail, and murrain of beasts forecast for later.

And following a brief interweb hiatus and a dump, we are back.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 November 2018, 09:08.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey and drizzly out

The wind seems to have died down for now though. Around 11°C out there, hovering between 17 and 18 within. Might put the fire on in a bit.

Comment

Beef roasted.

Thought there was sommat missing.

Then I found the roasted onions & potatoes in the oven when I was doing the washing up.

I'll be off down to Morrisons for a little light shopping.

Sweet was a Tesco individual Xmas pud, being the only thing about Xmas that I am capable of tolerating.

With custard of course.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Beef roasted.

Thought there was sommat missing.

Then I found the roasted onions & potatoes in the oven when I was doing the washing up.

Comment

Light lunch of sausages in rolls

I've got a pound of mince I need to cook for dinner, so I'm trying to decide which of numerous possibilities to go for. I suspect I'll just end up making scouse; it's a scouse kind of day

Comment

Currently watching The Andromeda Strain on the Horror channel. The Wife (tm) has left to fly out to Zurich for her 1 day, all expenses paid, gig.

I’m half way through a bottle of 2015 home brew cider I just found in the beer fridge. Put it through the sodastream to give it a bit of sparkle, and it’s going down well. This was the finest cider I’ve made, and runs at about 7%.
              Dinner tonight will be roast pork.

Oh, and I’m posting this from the new iPad app - which works! Rumour has it that NF had his hand in this.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Happy birthday TPD!

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                  Happy birthday TPD!

Yay! Happy birthday!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Oh, and I’m posting this from the new iPad app - which works! Rumour has it that NF had his hand in this.
                    Not me

Or not that I'm aware of, at least…

Comment

Laundry on.

Just popped out the back. It's stopped raining, not too cold (pace thick woolly jumper), and only the slightest breeze

Comment

Working...
                      X