• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Smoked pancetta omelette for lunch, and very nice it was

lunch was a Bacon, Sausage & Pumpkin surprise - the surprise was it tasted nice!

Tomorrow its Ogre fingers, witches blood & dragon flesh stew. The kids loved that.

pucker chicken Kievs & vegetables plus turbo cider. Yum.

9,039 steps.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea, just for a change

Still some fireworks going off outside, but overall there haven't been as many as one might have expected, presumably because of people cheating and having them over the weekend.

Comment

Tonight’s entertainment was a rewatch of…

So, then I watched Predestination.
        Predestination (2014) is an excellent time-travel thriller. In terms of temporal paradoxicality, it’s pretty tricky, but the film does a fine job of presenting the entire story: the problem is how hard your own brain finds it to accept that the sequence (if that’s the right word) of events do, in fact, make their own sense, even if it’s not the sense you’re used to

And that simultaneously makes it sound more complicated than it is, while ignoring how complicated it is. Where’s the “It bent my brain, but in a good way” smiley

Anyway, hugely recommended

Goodnight all

Comment

Tonight’s entertainment was a rewatch of…

Predestination (2014) is an excellent time-travel thriller. In terms of temporal paradoxicality, it’s pretty tricky, but the film does a fine job of presenting the entire story: the problem is how hard your own brain finds it to accept that the sequence (if that’s the right word) of events do, in fact, make their own sense, even if it’s not the sense you’re used to

And that simultaneously makes it sound more complicated than it is, while ignoring how complicated it is. Where’s the “It bent my brain, but in a good way” smiley

Anyway, hugely recommended

Goodnight all
          Ah.

Heinlein.

Proper SF without so much as a bug hunt.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Warmish side of notsocoldlike.

139 days to go (working days).
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all S’murky in Glasgow.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Quiet pleasant in Manchesto today

It was about 13 degrees even at 7 am this morning

Wifi not working in building but luckily found a cable(how old skool) to plug in.

Comment

Morning denizens

Dry, grey, fairly mild day today

Comment

Bump

Comment

Very grey.

Very wet.

Very windy.

It's gonna be an interesting stagger to the bus stop today.

I thought Ye Olde Slough of Desponde was prone to howling wind, but The New Improved Slough of Despond seems to howl much more effectively.

Dear Deity, it's getting betterer & betterer.

The quality of the walls leaves something to be desired.

I'm irritated by someone writing on the whiteboard in the other room.

<tap tap tap> it goes, <tap tap tap>

<oils the glock>
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 November 2018, 15:20.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Home-baked Greggs sausage roll for lunch

And you'll all be pleased/dismayed (delete as appropriate) to hear that Admin has just hired me to sort out the outstanding minor problems with the recent forum upgrade

Comment

Working...
                      X