test please delete test please delete - Page 30887
Page 30887 of 30899 FirstFirst ... 2988730387307873083730877308853088630887308883088930897 ... LastLast
Posts 308,861 to 308,870 of 308989

My post count is Majestic

Hectic (kind of) afternoon. First, to the barbers (though I think they like to be called hairdressers), where I found myself in a long enough queue that it was over an hour before I got out of there. Still, that's my hair made reasonably presentable for Christmas, which will keep my mother happy

For the record, it was talks-a-lot-but-does-a-good-job woman working; she does Thursdays on her own. And apparently I would have found the place deserted but for her if I'd got there ten minutes earlier

And then onwards to do the shopping. By then I was late enough to get caught in the tail end of the evening school run, but once I got to the shops I found them refreshingly quiet, and made it back before the worst of the rush hour had got going inbound.

While I was queuing for the haircut, my right hearing aid battery ran out. It had given me the "battery low" message last night, then ran out just before I went to bed, but had perked up enough to last twenty minutes or so when I put it in just before going out.

And then the other one ran out just as I arrived at M&S.

So now I get to start them both on a new battery at the same time, and see if once again they drift out of sync by a couple of hours each time

Double Godlike!

This is it I'm on me last legs.

Although the missus assures me no one has ever died of man flu I am not convinced.

test please delete

Contractor Among Contractors

X5 home through the mist & drizzle.

Thoroughly unpleasant evening, all in all.

Trip home from the Cambrian via Morrisons where one increased the stock of comestibles considerably, including the treat of a pair of Eccles Cakes (reduced), one of which has recently been consumed.

Prior to that, tea/dinner was lentil <pffffft> soup.

It was all very nice, though the soup was as tasteless as I've come to expect, being completely sans NaCl.

It was comprised of portions of 3 batches, last Sunday's, the previous Sunday's, and another one from about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

I feel sure that there's more in the freezer if I dig down far enough.

Once the dishes are done, it's on to "Godfather III" from 1990, which is the weakest of the 3.

It must be said that "The Godfather Saga" is a pretty good way to watch the first two, being chronological and containing deleted scenes from the first two.

The other thing from Morrisons was a dvd of "Gotti" which will get added to the pile to be watched when I feel like it.

Possibly some time around 2028 if "The Godfather" is anything to go by.
    Mein Fuhrer I can valk!

Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    This is it I'm on me last legs.

Although the missus assures me no one has ever died of man flu I am not convinced.

test please delete
    https://emoji.tapatalk-cdn.com/emoji2961.png

HTML Code:
    <Error>
    <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
    <Message>Access Denied</Message>
    <RequestId>95C7A94A47D759C5</RequestId>
    <HostId>
    x/bA2e6dVLbtE+GsDiDcQcEkC7rH1AD0BC3o5x/DKrkuxbY2V/FkJM7fKN/VBPtpPrWrmu5kSK0=
    </HostId>
    </Error>
    Not sure what's going on there

Double Godlike!

Hmm novel

No idea ...

Super poster

Famous spanish goalkeeper - feckedifahno
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

After a quick trip to the Pot Still, its almost time for bed.

Sent from my iPad using Contractor UK Forum
    Strong and Stable Moderation

For tea tonight: M&S breaded battered haddock cod, with chips and beans. Very nice, it was

About time to trundle forth the recycling bin.

Contractor Among Contractors

And thusly is "The Godfather III" duly watched.

Fairly weird in parts, but a lot better than some of the crap I've watched recently.

TFBSZ with knobs, bells & whistles on.

Just the other two dvds in the set to watch.

Which probably ain't going to happen.
    Mein Fuhrer I can valk!

Tonight's viewing, apart from a bit of some BBC documentary about a posh hotel in London whilst dining, was a rewatch of The Interpreter (2005), in which Nicole Kidman, as the eponymous interpreter at the UN in New York, and Sean Penn, as a Secret Service agent, are embroiled in a plot to assassinate one of those unpleasant African dictators. Very good thriller with a lot of action and some gnarly twists and turns, I thought. Worth a watch

And then a bit more of The West Wing. It turned out to be the dreaded Christmas episode that turns up in every season like a recurring outbreak of cholera, but it was actually quite good for one of those, being the one that starts with Jewish gangsters murdering somebody in the early 1950s.

It's raining fairly steadily now, but very mild for the time of year at 12C, according to whatever source the phone relies on.

Goodnight all