• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea/dinner/breakfast/lunch was the remainder of Sunday's Saturday's roast lamb with carrots and onions.

It was very nice.

This evening's epic is "Blown Away(1994)" with Jeff Bridges, Tommy Lee Jones, and Forest Whitaker.

I've turned on the subtitles because Tommy Lee Jones "Irish" accent is almost impossible to understand.

It's a bit too "Irish" for my taste.

Gripping enough if you like bombs.

And Bridges speech is understandable, something it wasn't by the time he got as far as playing Rooster Cogburn in "True Grit".
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 December 2018, 22:18.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

For tea tonight: pork spare rib chops off the market, with chips, peas, and gravy. Very nice all round

My left ear is still a bit sore, so I want to give it a rest from the hearing aid; so no telly tonight other than the bit of some ambulance thing that was on while I was eating

Comment

test please delete

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        have to recommend this

Suntory Whisky Toki | Suntory Whisky

I may have spent the Agent's marketing budget in a night on this!
        Based on your recommendation, I just had a measure of this (£4.30) in the Pot Still.

Followed by a Royal Lochnagar Selected Reserve at a tad more.

Both very tasty
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all Still dark in the land of the Weegie.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dark and cold in Manchester

but my sausage and black pudding barm is keeping me warm.

Comment

Dark.

Dry.

Very windy (and it's not just the sprouts).

Sun imminently coming up like thunder through the murk over Margam*, given half an hour or so.

Cold.

15 deg in the living room, 6.1 in the laundry room, with a 5.9 min.

Nearly Friday.

*Cancelled due to lack of interest. It's now the usual uniform grey.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 December 2018, 08:48.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, but it's cold with it

Comment

It's quiet in here - possibly going to go for some lunch soon

if I can be bothered.

Comment

<taps screen>

Is this thing buggered again?

In other other news the health checks for technicians has reared its ugly head again.

It nearly led to termination with extreme prejudice last time as I recall.

Maybe that's why I was dreaming about Dexter last week.

Comment

Got some cocktail sausages in the fridge that Need To Be Eaten™, so that's lunch sorted

I need to sort out various things this afternoon, which means venturing out in the cold

Comment

Working...
                      X