• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to get the last shop before Christmas done today, in a vague attempt at avoiding the rush, but I haven't felt up to it.

So I suppose I'll have to go tomorrow. No way am I going anywhere near the retail park from Hell over the weekend or on Monday

Though I'll probably find I've forgotten somebody's present and have to go anyway

Comment

And rain that was never forecast has arrived. Not that we are thus to be deprived of rain overnight and into tomorrow morning

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Of course the real question is why I was doing it rather than the owners.
        I've been wondering about that, too. are you invoicing them for your T&M ??

steak pie <pukka>, chips <auntie> and peas <captain B> for my evening repast.

and rather nice too.

no rain, or otherwise troublesome meteorological events in sarf herts today

Comment

Tea/dinner/lunch/breakfast/brunch was lentil <pffffft> soup, which, unlike yesterday's incredibly unpleasant offering, was Very Nice.

Which proves something.

Probably that it matures nicely in the freezer.

This evening's first feature is "Sword of Sherwood Forest" with Richard Greene and that chap that was in Starwars, you know, the Grand Muff chap.

That Oliver Reed fellow is in it too.

Sword of Sherwood Forest (1960) - IMDb

Some of us can still remember:

And interspersed with this was TBBT and now "The Good Place", which is vaguely amusing in a vaguely amusing sort of way.

It better liven up a bit.

It just did.

Kick a dog into the sun.

Magick.

Now it's The Plague on PBS. Or maybe it wasn't yersinia pestis after all.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 December 2018, 21:34.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I want to get the last shop before Christmas done today, in a vague attempt at avoiding the rush, but I haven't felt up to it.

So I suppose I'll have to go tomorrow. No way am I going anywhere near the retail park from Hell over the weekend or on Monday

Though I'll probably find I've forgotten somebody's present and have to go anyway
            I'm feeling a lot better today, so if you're a day behind me hopefully you'll be getting there tomorrow.

Have just braved M&S and am now the proud owner of a turkey crown and Belgian choc cherry thing that looked rather nice. As well as a small bottle of port intended for BIL but now not going to make it.

Looks like clientCo require myCo's services between Christmas and New Year. Their customer in the states is scheduled for integration testing, but I am hopeful that they will tell client to sod off till New Year.

Comment

Tea has been some chicken in red wine sauce out of the freezer, with chips and peas. Very tasty

My temperature appears to have gone back up, but maybe that's just from the exertion of getting the food together. Anyway, I've got to tend to the recycling bin next, so if exertion is what's causing it, it won't go down any time soon

I might try a glass of wine or so tonight, as I believe that has health-giving properties, and nothing else seems to be working

And if I do indeed feel better tomorrow, that's some nice confirmation bias available for the future: "It was the wine that did it!"

Comment

Stone me, this place is diseased at the moment.

<cough>

<wheeze>

<sneeze>

Following on from Robin Hood & the Grand Muff (who got himself offed in this one), now watching "House of Cars" on Quest.

It's another of those car fixup things.

Except it's in Spanish.

Mostly, I would assume, because it's made in Spain.

One has to admire the skill of thse people.

Following a demo of drifting in a 550bhp 1969 6.8L Musstang, we're back to the MGA.

And now a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado with a leaky slush box.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 December 2018, 22:40.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  I'm feeling a lot better today, so if you're a day behind me hopefully you'll be getting there tomorrow.
                  Fingers crossed

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Looks like clientCo require myCo's services between Christmas and New Year. Their customer in the states is scheduled for integration testing, but I am hopeful that they will tell client to sod off till New Year.
                  Very inconsiderate of them. The Americans really haven't got the hang of holidays, have they?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Stone me, this place is diseased at the moment.

<cough>

<wheeze>

<sneeze>
                    Certainly is

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Certainly is
                      I'm finding BIL's port helps.

Comment

Working...
                      X