• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice bacon butty for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Having a meeting with A. Nother. Builder this morning, along with Strangelove Sister.

That's screwed most of my morning.

No walk today then.
      Well it turned out to be A Different Walk.

One walk being in Bath between Strangelove Sister's new house and somewhere in Bath that we ate at.

And the 2nd walk between Strangelove Sister's rental pad in Cardiff and somewhere in Cardiff that we ate at.

And got pissed as a fart.

Currently typing at two different laptops.

And didn't get mugged walking home through Neath.

Definitely a plus.

Nearly bought some chips at the Chinese chip shop next door to the vets but I restrained myself coz I was busting for a piss.

Instead I had one of the Morrisons Cumberland sausage rolls from yesterday.

With proper brown sauce.

Pissed now.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I'd forgotten I'd got sausage meat out of the freezer, so now I've had to make sausage rolls immediately before dinnertime

And I'd also forgotten to make sure I had enough pastry (I don't know how to make flaky pastry, and I'm not starting at this time) so I have half the usual number of sausage rolls, but they're extremely full of meat

Comment

Rather large pork chop with chips and peas for tonight's repast.
          very nice too.

<@admin, etc, - where's the stuffed piggy emoji?>

Comment

Still.

Pissed.

Now.

Not that it takes much.

Just waiting for the Waco nutjob massacre.

You can't beat a good massacre to watch when you're pissed.

I think I'll have some more Southern Comfort just to add to the room going round and round and round and round and round.

Whilst dismantling bits of Strangelove Sister's new home in Bath I was impressed by the length of the screws used.

2" min, maybe 2.25 or 2.5" for stuff where I'd have used 1.75".

Quite odd really.

Comment

3 posts almost simultaneously. spooky
              <or the new meds are stronger than i thought>

Comment

Slightly.

Less.

Pissed.

Now.

<hiatus during which much swearing at the rail timetable thingie happened>

Even less pissed now.

And here we go with the Waco nutjobs.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 January 2019, 21:06.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Slightly.

Less.

Pissed.

Now.
                  here y'are, - have a drop of this nice rum

Comment

Tried a sausage roll just to make sure they were OK. Very nice, it was

Comment

HNY all

Dark and cold here, rather unsurprisingly.

Had some nibbles on a local contract I was previously offered coming live again today. If that works out it would be a very useful position to have in my negotiations with the current lot. I'm very much in two minds about renewing - the drive to Manc three times each week is annoying, but the poor wireless and unavailability of hotdesks at EndClientCo makes it even worse.

Pimp has sent through the renewal tonight. I've pointed out that he's forgotten the rate increase we agreed to cover what Junior Pimp knocked off to "seal the deal with ClientCo" (I suspect code for lining his own pockets).

The other sticking point will be time on site with EndClientCo. Junior Pimp had (of course!) assured me that no-one works more than one day per week on site after their first few months, and they've thousands of contractors with ClientCo etc etc... Senior Pimp (who styles himself Client Relationship Manager) doesn't want to know - a bit of a change from the early part of the contract when all contact with ClientCo had to be through him.

The commercials are a pain: roughly Me -> Ltd -> Pimps (pretending to be a consultancy) -> ClientCo1 -> ClientCo2 -> EndClientCo.

I can see this whole thing grinding to a halt with the layers of commercial confidentiality involved - ClientCo2 needs to sign of hours changes, but ClientCo1 won't authorize me to do commercial negotiations with EndClientCo or ClientCo2.

I'm remembering why I hate long chains with multiple consultancies involved.

Rant over.

Comment

Working...
                      X