• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    This afternoon, for the first time ever, I have baked a cake; a proper cake, with flour and eggs and things in it. It's a cherry and almond cake, and it is absolutely delicious
    Did you wear a pinny?

I feel one must wear a pinny if baking a cake.

My Gran always wore a pinny when she baked.

In other news, this evening's trip home was via the X5 again, mostly coz it's the one that turns up first.

No crazy old lady this evening, or, rather, not that one.

This evening's repast was lentil <pffffft> soup which was surprisingly nice, with some Morrisons Ancient Grain bread, this last is apparently making me sneeze.

So it must be ancient hay fever inducing.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Did you wear a pinny?

I feel one must wear a pinny if baking a cake.

My Gran always wore a pinny when she baked.
      An apron, but I don't think it counts as a pinny

Comment

Excellent!

Will you also be allowed to dive at dawn?
        This evening's epic was indeed, as suggested by Mr Fitz, "We Dive at Dawn(1942)" with John Mills and Eric Portman.

We Dive at Dawn (1943) - IMDb

It was rather good & totally stiff upper lip & Septic free.

An apron, but I don't think it counts as a pinny
        Probably not, but I'm sure it was very fetching.

You could take a piece of fruit in with you for a mid-morning snack. Or better still, crisps. In fact, forget I mentioned fruit.

We have. There was a debate over who had hacked your account.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 January 2019, 22:03.

Comment

For tea tonight, beef and Guinness casserole out of the freezer, with chips and a very small number of peas

I need to buy more peas

Comment

Tesco's very best rotisserie chicken + Humus & bread.

This follows a lunch of slow cooked veg + polish sausage.

A breakfast of eggs on toast + pate.

another day of exciting nagging pushing people into the 21st century.

Its Jira & Git hardly rocket science.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's entertainment was Devil in a Blue Dress (1995), a noir-ish thriller set in late 1940s Los Angeles. OK as these things go, but nothing earth shattering.

It's raining out, which was not forecast even an hour or two ago. Just passing showers, it seems.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                Dinner at Ardnamurchan last night, followed by a nightcap at the Pot Still.
                Heading home later
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's entertainment was Devil in a Blue Dress (1995), a noir-ish thriller set in late 1940s Los Angeles. OK as these things go, but nothing earth shattering.

It's raining out, which was not forecast even an hour or two ago. Just passing showers, it seems.

Goodnight all
                  I can't remember if I've seen (got) that. Sounds ok, whatever, & since it's a Denzel Washington film I'll look out for it.

In other news, I found F&F 5 the other night, so I have the set & can stop looking for any more. Until 9 comes out.

Morning.

Black, as is my heart.

Warmer. A bit. 15 degrees in the living room, 6.6 in the laundry room with a min of 4.7.

Dry, though there seems to be a bit of a dew. Duw duw.

And, bestest of all possible bests, it's Friday.

Thank feck for that.

Disturbingly, there was an Esteemed Customer in exactly the place he occupied when I left yesterday.

This is definitely Unnatural.

Oh, this is jolly:

Aviation Safety Network > ASN Aviation Safety Database > Index > (Contributary) Cause > ASN Aviation Safety Database results
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 January 2019, 09:14.

Comment

Some of you lot do watch some ancient films. Almost makes me feel young. I recorded the Hunger Games but not got round to watching it yet.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Some of you lot do watch some ancient films. Almost makes me feel young. I recorded the Hunger Games but not got round to watching it yet.
                      I think the earliest so far for me is "Frankenstein(1931)":

Frankenstein (1931) - IMDb

The Thin Man (1934) - IMDb

My Man Godfrey (1936) - IMDb

All good stuff.

Goodness me, General, Specifically, and the B forum even more specifically, are really unpleasant places these days.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 January 2019, 09:55.

Comment

Working...
                      X