• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X5 home.

This evening's repast was more of yesterday's roast beef.

It was quite nice.

Tonight's cinematic epic is currently undefined until The Archers is over, apparently Brian is getting heated.

Then again.

It turned out to be "The Guns of Navarone(1961)" with Gregory Peck, David Niven, Anthony Quayle, Anthony Quinn, and Stanley "Zulu" Baker.

The Guns of Navarone (1961) - IMDb

That was rather longer, at 2.5 hours, than I expected.

Rather good considering its age.

The dvd has lots of extras, most of which are unwatchable.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 January 2019, 22:18.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

This database UTF-8 stuff is still driving me up the wall

Currently reloading the entire forum (up to 11 November last year) into yet another new MySQL server instance running on a virtual machine on my iMac…

Comment

For tea tonight: Cajun chicken in red wine sauce, with chips and peas. It was exceedingly tasty, and I suspect the remaining two portions won't be languishing in the freezer for very long

Comment

Tonight's film was Gambit (1966), an entertaining caper in which Michael Caine ropes Shirley MacLaine into his nefarious plot. Most enjoyable, I thought

Goodnight all
          Last edited by NickFitz; 29 January 2019, 11:28. Reason: Missed off Ms. MacLaine's surname.

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Greetings from Manchester.

Cold n clear ish

think it may be getting worse though

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Tonight's film was Gambit (1966), an entertaining caper in which Michael Caine ropes Shirley into his nefarious plot. Most enjoyable, I thought

Goodnight all
                I've been looking for that one for a while.

I've got the remake, which probably isn't a patch on it.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey and chilly out. Looks like the snow, if and when it arrives, will be preceded by rain, so it'll probably just be slush by the time it lands

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    I've been looking for that one for a while.

I've got the remake, which probably isn't a patch on it.
                    I only found out there was a remake when looking it up on IMDb. Not sure if I'll bother with it, though it's probably a little less obvious in it that the views out of the windows in the hotel are paintings

Comment

Snowing in Manchester

But it is too wet to stick I reckon so will just make everywhere wet n slushy.

Comment

Working...
                      X