• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have seriously thought about getting a USB 5.25" floppy drive
    Is there a USB paper tape reader?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Is there a USB paper tape reader?
      I presume this could have a USB adapter fitted: Reading paper tapes from scratch - Blogs - Vintage Computer Forum

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Though I think I know what would be just right for a wet and windy evening…
        And I was right: a nice big bowl of scouse, with a few slices of soft white bread. Absolutely delicious

And there's a couple more bowls' worth, now portioned up and cooling, ready to spend a night in the fridge to let the flavours permeate before going into the freezer.

I cooked it in the Silicon Valley Pressure Cooker (aka the Instant Pot™) and the timing and quantity of water I chose this time was just right to break down the potatoes the way I like them: 18 minutes on high pressure, water not quite covering the food. Actually, fifteen minutes would probably have been enough, but the way I thicken it is to put some very thinly sliced potato in there so it breaks down completely, along with big chunks of potato to act as solid food. It turned out bang on - just release the pressure, open the lid, stir a few times, and into the bowl

Comment

Watching the nonsense that is "The Nasa Files" on Quest+1.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Albert Finney's death reminded me that I've had the Blu-ray of Saturday Night and Sunday Morning (1960) sitting on the shelf for five years, all but a few days, so that was tonight's film. I think I must have last watched it in the 1980s some time. It's good, though Arthur Seaton really is a bit of a cock. And I'd like to say Nottingham is much improved from the grimy industrial landscape we see here, but all they did was replace it with grimy concrete shopping centres and an inner ring road that ensures you don't get to any of the nice bits without being poisoned by exhaust fumes

And a bit more of The West Wing out of the way.

Goodnight all

Comment

I suspect the last time I was in Nottingham was in 1974, when we went to some cinema or other to see "Bananas" "Sleeper".

Sleeper (1973) - IMDb

I remember stopping on some double yellow lines to inquire of a policeman where the cinema was.

Dear Dead Days Beyond Recall.

Comment

test please delete

Morning all
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Saturday morning shop done.

F&F6 acquired. .

Now all I have to do is figure out the correct sequence in which to watch said epics.

Or, alternatively, I can allow them to fester for some years.

It's been a fine day until about 5 minutes ago, which the inevitable precipitation began.

It's only fair.

Comment

Almost time for a dog walk to go watch the rugby in a local hostelry.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny out there now, though still very breezy after a windy night

Comment

Working...
                      X