test please delete test please delete - Page 30996
Page 30996 of 31015 FirstFirst ... 2999630496308963094630986309943099530996309973099831006 ... LastLast
Posts 309,951 to 309,960 of 310149

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Can't wait to be made redundant again.
    How did you get on with the early retirement? - AFAIR you spoke about it late last year.
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

My post count is Majestic

Morning denizens

Clear blue sky out, for the most part; bit of cirrus here and there, but nothing to fret over

TPAFKAk2p2

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Morning denizens

Clear blue sky out, for the most part; bit of cirrus here and there, but nothing to fret over
    Morning all

White clouds here. Haven't ventured out to see how chilly or not it is.

How are the FitzParents doing Nick? (Apologies if I missed the updates - have been otherly distracted)

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    How did you get on with the early retirement? - AFAIR you spoke about it late last year.
    The calculation was that VR would be offered this year since it seems to appear every two years on average with this new lot in charge.

And lo! thus it proved to be.

One is waiting for a reply to one's application.

With bated breath. <- cough cough.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Links are up

Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Morning all

White clouds here. Haven't ventured out to see how chilly or not it is.

How are the FitzParents doing Nick? (Apologies if I missed the updates - have been otherly distracted)
    They're both out of hospital, but my Mum hasn't been fully recovered from the chest infection for which she was hospitalised, which has left her struggling a bit. Meanwhile, my Dad, having been hospitalised first with the same chest infection but also having the broken hip, has been badgering her to do stuff that he can't do, apparently not realising how much she's also struggling, which has been stressing her out

She's recovering now though, and my sister has been trying to get it through his head that he's got to back off while she recovers properly. Just been on the phone to her, and she sounds a bit better

TPAFKAk2p2

They're both out of hospital, but my Mum hasn't been fully recovered from the chest infection for which she was hospitalised, which has left her struggling a bit. Meanwhile, my Dad, having been hospitalised first with the same chest infection but also having the broken hip, has been badgering her to do stuff that he can't do, apparently not realising how much she's also struggling, which has been stressing her out

She's recovering now though, and my sister has been trying to get it through his head that he's got to back off while she recovers properly. Just been on the phone to her, and she sounds a bit better
    Might be worth looking into temporary home help. Hope they're both up and running on all cylinders soon.

Edit - or definitely the modern equivalent of 'meals on wheels' such as Wiltshire farm foods - freezer to microwave, hassle free.

Memories of Christmas past with today's late lunch: turkey soup, with a couple of bits of wholemeal bread

Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Might be worth looking into temporary home help. Hope they're both up and running on all cylinders soon.

Edit - or definitely the modern equivalent of 'meals on wheels' such as Wiltshire farm foods - freezer to microwave, hassle free.
    They've got "helpers" from Social Services coming in morning and evening, mainly to help my Dad. From what she says, cooking, even if it's only reheating M&S ready meals, is one thing my Mum isn't having any trouble with. They've always got an extremely well-stocked freezer

Contractor Among Contractors

When the fun stops, STOP.