• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    In the Chinese
    And very nice it was

Comment

Steak & Widney, chips plus a nice Rose.

Supplied by Miss V 1&2
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's film was Behind Enemy Lines (2001), concerning a US Navy aviator shot down in Bosnia and trying to escape, while his commander is prevented from launching a rescue mission by politicians and such. It has one of those "So-and-so went on to do such-and-such" caption sequences at the end to give the impression that it was based on a true story, and to a certain extent it was; but so loosely that the guy on whose story it was supposedly based sued the film company for defamation of character, or something along those lines

Anyway, it's a bit all-American jingoism in tone, but it's not too bad really.

And then onwards into the final season of The West Wing.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's film was Behind Enemy Lines (2001), concerning a US Navy aviator shot down in Bosnia and trying to escape, while his commander is prevented from launching a rescue mission by politicians and such.
            I had a feeling it had Gene Hackman in it, and thusly I'd avoided spending 33p on it.

Remarkably reminiscent of another Gene Hackman epic from long ago:

Bat*21 (1988) - IMDb

Which I've also avoided, seemingly being allergic to the talents of Mr Hackman.

(Though there are the mandatory 2 copies of "The French Connection" in the pile).

Morning.

Grey.

Warm.

No current precipitation.

Cat banging on the door demanding food when I got up.

I shall begin the preparation for Sunday Lunch shortly, which this week comprises turkey legs, just for a change.

Wondering if I've got enough rubbish to take down the dump this afternoon, though I might as well do it to give the car a bit of a run.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Very thin high clouds out there today, with a reasonable amount of sunshine working its way through and the temperature a quite acceptable 12°C

Comment

Spent a couple of hours writing some code to get this iTunes library thing working properly with an NSOutlineView (a complicated thing for displaying hierarchical information), then found a way of doing things that meant not only was all of the code I'd written today unnecessary, but I could also delete a whole bunch of other code written over the past few days that was also now unnecessary

Ah well, we live and learn

Comment

Ah well, we live and learn
                  I suppose what I do might be described as "living", the "learning" part, not so much.

As predicted, There Was An Awful Lot of Meat on those two turkey legs.

At least 3 meals worth, which is rather more that I require really.

The cat will be well fed towards the end of it, I'd venture.

The anticipated trip down the dump took place, and lo! the household waste skip is back.

Wot a surprise.

Got rid of a few newspapers, some plastic bottles, a tin lid, some plastic plumbing stuff, and some rubble.

Tesco and Morrisons visited.

Tea/dinner this evening will include some poached salmon.

Having failed to buy any daffs, I went up the road to inspect the assorted graves.

The Strangelove Parents' grave has some forgetmenots and possibly a daff coming up, along with two daisies.

I like daisies so those remain.

There was also a child's sock, which didn't.

The Strangelove Grandparents' graves were variously fecking awful (maternal) while the other done was okish (paternal).

Considering the quantity of bulbs & seeds planted in the maternal one, it's rather disappointing, though the couch grass is thriving.

I can feel an Agent Orange moment coming on.

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

The paternal one is covered in little stones, so all you have to do is pull the weeds up before they turn into trees.

Didn't feel up to visiting the Aunt's grave since it requires a solar topee and a machete to reach it.

Started off grey this morning, then it rained a bit, but it's sunny now.

It was warm enough not to require a coat, which was nice.

<hiatus>

The poached salmon was rather nice, with a baked spud or two.

<taps screen>

Is this thing borked again?
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 February 2019, 18:46.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Mucking about with a tutorial about MapViews now, though in among such excitement I've also managed to clean the deep fat fryer.

Not sure I can be bothered to make chips, though. I might roast potato wedges in the oven for a change. Marginally less hassle

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      <taps screen>

Is this thing borked again?
                      We're all trying to get stuff done; your exceedingly busy day and list of resultant accomplishments has put us all to shame

Comment

Working...
                      X