• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Meridian is on twitter?

Wot a surprise.

Something funny up with my FB thing.

Switching it off & switching it back on again hasn't changed anything, so that's that.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Something funny up with my FB thing.

Switching it off & switching it back on again hasn't changed anything, so that's that.
      Broken all over the world, I'd heard

Comment

ST:TNG double bill tonight. First up: Who Watches the Watchers, being the one where a Bronze Age society catches them doing anthropological research and assumes they're gods. Good one, that

And then The Bonding, in which the (or a) "Ship's Archaeologist" is killed and everybody tries to be nice to her orphaned young son. Lots of very ho-hum input from the "Ship's Counsellor" (the presence of whom not just on the ship but as part of the bridge crew was a very Eighties California idea in the first place), though it wasn't too bad in the end

And I also finished my re-read of Michael Lewis's Liar's Poker.

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Broken all over the world, I'd heard
          Is it related to Russia wanting to switch off the internet for a few hours? (I realise that’s a story from a month ago, but I’m still playing catch up on The News Quiz)

Morning all , BTW.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dreadful.

Misty.

Vaguely drizzly as if it's too half hearted to bother.

Baglan invisible.

Margam, doubly so.

Windy, very very.

And I'm off to Carmarthen at lunchtime, just to make my fecking joy totally complete.

In other news, I didn't sneeze whilst having the morning dump, so no supersonic turds this morning.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 March 2019, 08:25.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning

Grey. Very.

Wet. Very.

Windy. Very.

Cold. 'ish.

Dog hid under the patio table for her morning ablutions. Now fast asleep by the radiator and showing no signs of wanting to go out in the near future.

Breakfast has been boiled eggs and soldiers at the request of MrsB.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Not hiding a sign, but the house
                I ought to do that with my house. They took their photos when I was in the middle of doing some jobs, open garage door with piles of junk inside and sacks of pebbles in the front garden.

PS Yer right. Satellite view shows a big house.
                Last edited by xoggoth; 14 March 2019, 08:54.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning denizens

Getting Simpsonesque with outbreaks of sunny out

Still breezy too, though not anywhere like as much. And I was woken up by the rain at about quarter-to-nine, though only briefly, so it must have been quite heavy.

Comment

Laundry done, allowing me to bask in the illusion of having accomplished something with the day

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      I ought to do that with my house. They took their photos when I was in the middle of doing some jobs, open garage door with piles of junk inside and sacks of pebbles in the front garden.

PS Yer right. Satellite view shows a big house.
                      I'm reminded of this tweet by Tom Scott: "The new Street View of my folks' house shows a toilet sat by the front door, due to an ill-timed bathroom refit. My mum'll be mortified."

Comment

Working...
                      X