• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Pleasant evening down the pub

Then home, where as usual I pop out the back to make sure the communal gate is locked. It is, but also out there is a small car from next door, and the young woman driving it asks me to unlock said gate as her "partner" has kicked her out but won't unlock the gate

So I unlock the gate, and she drives out.

Whereupon said "partner" (a weaselly little git about my age, or maybe just considerably more decrepit than I was at his age) appears and castigates me for "letting her out"

**** him. He kept saying I shouldn't have unlocked the gate for her as "This is supposed to be a secure area" and I kept saying "It's supposed to be secure from people coming in, not from people going out"; it's pretty clear that I've screwed up whatever his latest play in the abusive relationship game was supposed to be.

**** him.

But other than that, a nice evening

So he hasn't broken in & stabbed you then?

Just askin' like.

<interstitial pause or hiatus>

This evening's dinner/tea was as above, it was nice enough.

That's 6 eggs in 2 days, the two today were hardly even passed their BBE of 25 Feb 19.

This evening's epic is "The Straight Story (1999)" with Richard Farnsworth, Sissy Spacek, and Harry Dean Stanton.

The Straight Story (1999) - IMDb

It was Richard Farnsworth's last film.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 March 2019, 20:37.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      So he hasn't broken in & stabbed you then?

Just askin' like.
      No. And the lady's car has reappeared in their back yard, so he must have "let" her back in. Gluttons for punishment, some people

I'm not bothering with a meal this evening, as that fry-up has done a good job of filling me up. But I'm making lamb shanks in red wine in the InstantPot™ which will be left to bask in the fridge overnight so as to allow the flavours to develop, ready for tomorrow's dinner (or tea or supper)

There's some chocolate eclairs in the fridge that Need To Be Eaten™ so they'll be enough for me tonight

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Whatever.

Wouldn't fecking hurt him to do a bit of shifting himself, but I suppose if you've got a slave, why bother.
        just tell 'im to feck off and sort himself out then.
        why are you doing everything for him?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          just tell 'im to feck off and sort himself out then.
          why are you doing everything for him?
          FeckedIfIKnow.

But there you go.

It gives me a sense of satisfaction* that at least a little of it is getting done.

Didn't have a bonfire today though.

I'll save that up for later.

Enjoyed the Straight Story, nothing happens, but it's a meditation on age.

Or something.

Gifted them a couple of radiator keys, of which I have many.

Hope they know how to repressurise the boiler once they've used them.

*And helps generate my martyr complex.

Comment

The afternoon dog walk took a bit of a turn. About 10 minutes in there was a shower of rain, which turned to hail, at which point I look to where I could see blue sky - 40 minutes walk away at a local hostelry. About 5 minutes from arriving, i phoned and asked them to pour me a pint of Guinness. (Pour to 3/4 then let it rest)
            It was topped off as I walked in, enjoyed and then the march home began, trying to beat the dusk.
            I had the opportunity to walk past an obelisk which has an interesting history, but I’ll say nothing about that until tomorrow afternoon.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The lamb shanks have been retrieved so they can cool down, and seem to have turned out exceptionally well. One of them literally fell off the bone as I tried to lift it out of the pot

Comment

Tonight's film was Oldboy (2013), being Spike Lee's remake of the original Korean film, which I enjoyed last August it seems. It's not a bad film in its own right, with a good twist at the end. Both worth watching

Feeling quite peckish now, as the fry-up has worn off, but it's too late for dinner

Goodnight all

Comment

And here we are again again.

Dry.

Overcast.

Not windy.

Warmer.

Zero precipitation other than the few drops of rain on the way in.

And worst of all it's Monday again.

Comment

Tell me why I don't....

ah you get the picture.

Comment

Morning all

Nice weather earlier but it's clouding over now.
                      Just had 1000l of oil delivered, so we can have heat (and turn he cooker up)
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X