test please delete test please delete - Page 31145
Page 31145 of 31145 FirstFirst ... 3014530645310453109531135311433114431145
Posts 311,441 to 311,446 of 311446

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    I'm tending to the opinion that Dirke Bogarde wasn't the ideal choice despite the opinion of Major Patrick Leigh Fermor D.S.O. O.B.E.

The evening's 2nd feature is "Hard Cash".

Hard Ca$h (2002) - IMDb

So far it's not looking too promising.
    Speaking of Dirke Bogarde, I'm reminded that I've not watched "A Bridge too Far" in a few years. Might have to see if I have it somewhere.

Contractor Among Contractors

Is this thing on?

Quote Originally Posted by covbob View Post
    Speaking of Dirke Bogarde, I'm reminded that I've not watched "A Bridge too Far" in a few years. Might have to see if I have it somewhere.
    Watched it a couple of months ago. Review somewhere ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by covbob View Post
    Is this thing on?
    Sort of.

TFBSZ.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

My post count is Majestic

Back from the pub after an enjoyable session of avoiding the folksingers in the front bar

No offence to the folksingers, but I'd heard all the folksinging-in-pubs that I needed by the time I was 30-odd, and I'm a tad older than that now

I did a minor detour round the backstreets to dodge the beggars outside the fried chicken shop too. Shame for the shop, as I probably would have popped in if that lot hadn't been congregating outside.

And again, no dislike of homeless people per se, but I know where that lot live, a few streets down in the block behind Wilkinson's and the Co-op. This suggests to me that they aren't homeless; and they've had a couple of years or more to sort their tulip out so they aren't desperate either

Anyway, I now need to decide whether or not to have something to eat, and if so what

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Anyway, I now need to decide whether or not to have something to eat, and if so what
    Ooh! Fish finger bap (wholemeal)! Yum!

And probably marginally better for me than the chicken shop, or donner meat and chips from the kebab shop up the road

Fish finger bap (wholemeal) was very nice, and then I watched the first few episodes of Tin Star. As so often, the first (presumably "pilot") episode was excellent, then the next two teetered on the brink of cliché; one hopes it will manage to drag itself away therefrom

I wonder who this "Howell" is that autocorrect so often tries to substitute for

Goodnight all