• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The language from countdown contestants these days!

Making me

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Well that's interesting

If you enter a post entirely in angled brackets, it tells you your message is too short

<test icles>
      Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      I accept that one's definition of "interesting" is subjective.

I'll fire up my forum VM later and step through the code to find out what's happening

Comment

The weather is doing that thing where it brightens up a bit, but simultaneously it starts teeming down with rain

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The weather is doing that thing where it brightens up a bit, but simultaneously it starts teeming down with rain
          Wouldn't know. Sat in a hot sweaty windowless conference room listening to a PM explain why none of the issues on the project were his fault.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

30 minute warning for Countdown

Comment

30 minute warning for Countdown

Thanks! Just found a bug in the code that only came to light when I got a developer to fix another bug from yesterday. Currently waiting for the dev to respond to me.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Dear Deity, a mere drive to Newport & back has knackered me.

By the time I got back here I thought my left leg & buttock were about to fall off.

The Idle Nephew & Next Door Neighbour now has a Spear & Jackson self propelled petrol mower.

With his lack of doing any fecking thing at all it's probably money down the drain.

It's his birthday present for the next 3 years, until the warranty runs out.

2kW angle grinder obtained from Lidl(tm) for a good deal less.

Oh, and it's been intermittently sunny and pissing down all the way there & all the way back.

The bit in Neath was almost like mist.

<hiatus>

This morning's purchased transferred from the car to the shed & the Salting House.

The angle grinder is a damn sight lighter than that fecking lawnmower.

Once her next door's soaking wet jeans that I rescued from the lawn have finished their economy wash, they'll be in the TD while I go & visit my mate.

It's all go for the almost retired.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 April 2019, 13:28.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

PostNatal

And I'd have gone (75-3) x 10 = 720
                  8+9-5 = 12
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

OOH, YER BUGGER! That was a close run thing

Through by the skin of your teeth

Comment

OOH, YER BUGGER! That was a close run thing

Through by the skin of your teeth
                      Shocking numbers again. I'm embarrassed.

Didn't deserve to win that one.

Tomorrow's top has large holes under the armpits (favourite comfy top which has now been binned) - let's hope I don't have to put my hand up!

Comment

Working...
                      X