• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting my payslip from new permie roll. Its via a website that only works on IE. And does not show employers NI.....

Comment

Morning all TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Morning all TFBSZ
        Why would anyone go to bed this time of day?

Oh I see......

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, rainy, chilly day out there

Comment

Just phoned the place that has the SMC to find out whether collection has been arranged. As soon as I started explaining the circumstances, the woman said "Oh, is that the Orion?" I confirmed that it was and she said "Oh yes, the garage is coming to collect it today. They phoned and sorted everything out yesterday; they were on it straight away, bless 'em!"

It's quite refreshing to have a phone conversation about a matter relating to officialdom where the person isn't working from a script in a call centre

And she signed off with "Alright duck, bye"
            Last edited by NickFitz; 8 May 2019, 09:55. Reason: Autocorrect now changing perfectly cromulent words…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Just phoned the place that has the SMC to find out whether collection has been arranged. As soon as I started explaining the circumstances, the women said "Oh, is that the Orion?" I confirmed that it was and she said "Oh yes, the garage is coming to collect it today. They phoned and sorted everything out yesterday; they were on it straight away, bless 'em!"

It's quite refreshing to have a phone conversation about a matter relating to officialdom where the person isn't working from a script in a call centre

And she signed off with "Alright duck, bye"
              for SMC

Stone me, I'm knackered.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Looks like the boom might not be such a big boom.

I thought I was doing well when a large agency beginning with R in Manchester offered me a contract and didn't wail about my having refused the opt-out at the start.

They've now noticed. The pimp has called and asked rather tersely why I won't opt-out and asked for an explanation. I've stood firm - so they've reluctantly agreed, provided I use their "opt in" T&Cs.

From the Qdos report they're an IR35 nightmare. Amendments have been suggested to the agent, so let's see what they say.

Of course I did offer to declare myself inside IR35 if they'd up the day rate to compensate for the reduction in my take home pay...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  ex-mrs-bp has nightmares about that most nights....
                  ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                    Looks like the boom might not be such a big boom.

I thought I was doing well when a large agency beginning with R in Manchester offered me a contract and didn't wail about my having refused the opt-out at the start.

They've now noticed. The pimp has called and asked rather tersely why I won't opt-out and asked for an explanation. I've stood firm - so they've reluctantly agreed, provided I use their "opt in" T&Cs.

From the Qdos report they're an IR35 nightmare. Amendments have been suggested to the agent, so let's see what they say.

Of course I did offer to declare myself inside IR35 if they'd up the day rate to compensate for the reduction in my take home pay...
                    Ugh. Agencies are a pain

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Ugh. Agencies are a pain
                      What happened to your new gig?

Comment

Working...
                      X