• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening/Morning all
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Oh good. In today's post, which I've only just got around to going downstairs for: NOTICE OF INTENDED PROSECUTION

The gits who stole the SMC triggered a speed camera nearby; so now I've got to deal with all that

Comment

The mudskipper-on-Countdown effect has worn off so lunch has been late, but delicious nonetheless: Scotch broth (from February) with brown and white toast

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Sun's out.

The rain can't be far away.
          Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          That's the spirit! don't let the buggers cheer you up.

No chance of that.
          I was Goddamn Right!

Drops of rain on the stagger up to the bus stop, clouds becoming ever blacker on the journey back to Neath, but, the rain deity being with me, it didn't start the deluge until I was back home.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Oh good. In today's post, which I've only just got around to going downstairs for: NOTICE OF INTENDED PROSECUTION

The gits who stole the SMC triggered a speed camera nearby; so now I've got to deal with all that
          So now you have to tell them who was driving the car.

That's going to be a bit tricky.

In other news, the sun's out now.

X7 home again home again jiggety jig.

Tea/dinner this evening was liver, bacon, and onion gravy.

It was all very nice.

Yum.

Though the bacon looked a bit odd since it was some random pack I put in the freezer last year.

There's an awful lot of meat in that thing.

I think it's time I started eating rather more of it and not buying fresh every time the fancy Morrisons reduced counter takes me.

I'm beginning to think that sleeping in that fecking chair in work yesterday hasn't done my left buttock & thigh a power of good.

I wonder if you can get dvt in a buttock.

<hiatus>

Thanks to the interweb, apparently you can.

Or gluteal compartment syndrome.

I see Danny Baker's been sacked again.

Is that the fifth or sixth time?

Just askin' like.

Shows you shouldn't monkey about with photos.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 May 2019, 18:40.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

went to a different hostelry after a tiring day in my office, doing 1.5% of feck all, all day.
            still, - KerCHING!!

had to pass ozzy's kebab shop <been there over 30 years> on the way home.

suddenly found myself with an overwhelming craving for a lamb kofte with lashings of chilli sauce.

and so it came to pass.

bloody loverly it was.
            stuffed i am.
            again.

ho hum

Comment

So now you have to tell them who was driving the car.

That's going to be a bit tricky.
              Indeed

I phoned 101, not to speak to the speed camera people (who are notoriously reclusive and have their own number which is only answered for a few hours four days a week) but to let the investigation people know in case the information was useful to them. The person who answered had to put me on hold to consult with their colleagues, as they'd never encountered this situation before

Anyway, I've got to sign the form and add a separate note including the crime number, and send it in. All at my own expense, I might add

The speed camera in question is one of those that faces the wrong way, so I doubt there'll be anything useful from it anyway.

Comment

Final night shift about to begin. Joy of joys. Bags packed and will be left in the hotel room so I can come back and have a shower before flying home.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Final night shift about to begin. Joy of joys. Bags packed and will be left in the hotel room so I can come back and have a shower before flying home.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    They've backed it out then??

Comment

The recycling bin has been trundled forth, a little earlier than usual. That's partly because I had two or three weeks' worth of stuff for it, the neighbours having been quite diligent recently and filling it before I got the chance, and partly because now I'm aware that the ground floor back have a small child, I figure they might not want it being woken up by late-night trundling outside their window.

I now get to enjoy the brief period of having that tiny bit of extra space in the kitchen before, inevitably, the recycling starts building up again

It doesn't have its own bin in here because it's a mixed recycling scheme so I just cram it into defunct carrier bags as I go along, ready for carting downstairs.

Comment

Working...
                      X