test please delete test please delete - Page 31208

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    As it transpired, at 141 mins it wa too long, so this evening's epic is "The Edge (1997)" with Anthony Hopkins and Alex Baldwin.

The Edge (1997) - IMDb
    The MI one is worth watching when you have the time, but The Edge looks pretty good too from a cursory inspection. Added to the list

Tonight's tea has been M&S breaded cod (I think; I threw the box away ages ago, so it might have been haddock) with chips and beans

"The Edge" is worth a look.

I've seen it before, but it was worth the extortionate sum of £1 to watch it again.

Two runs through the WM done, the shirts and the darks, so tomorrow is cottons, which takes knocking on for 3 hours just for the wm bit.

TFBSZ.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Tonight's entertainment was a rewatch-plus, and a rewatch. First up: Avatar (2009), but this time the Extended Collectors' Edition or some such, which basically adds in an extra scene at the start and then includes slightly longer edits of various other scenes. Still, I do like it; the first half is mainly hippy-dippy harmony-with-nature stuff against a cinematic backdrop of every album cover Roger Dean ever made and quite a few he didn't, and the second half is all-guns-blazing, all-bows-flexing, all-huge-animals-charging warfare against the same backdrop. What's not to like?

And then, by way of contrast, The Big Short (2015); proof that you can make a highly entertaining film out of the intricacies of the global financial system's failings. I always enjoy the fourth-wall-breaking in this one, particularly when it concerns some scene so outlandish that you assume it must have been made up for cinematic purposes, then you're told "He actually did that"

Goodnight all

I Am Legend

Just one £10.50 on National Lottery!

Lets hope B****t does not happen before the money hits my account....

Morning.

Must have been tired since I finally woke up at 08:33. :

Dry.

Sunny.

Warmish side of notsocold.

Blueish skies.

Saturday.<- this last being necessary so I know what fecking day it is.

Where's the worried smilie?

Cottons are in the wm, due out some time after 12:00
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Banned

Morning
    cold and grey today.

the cardiorenalapathy is strong, again, today.

don't think i'll be doing much.

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    On my 60th attempt, I finally managed to get to speak to a human at the police speed camera office about this form

As expected, it's just a case of ticking the "don't know" box and attaching a letter; they can't tick the box for me on their computer. The whole system is exceedingly 20th century having been designed by the usual suspects and costing billions
    FTFY

It amazes me how little automation and portal work gets done right by the Government. We must be able to 'borrow' from other countries.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post

Just won £10.50 on National Lottery!

Lets hope divorce does not happen before the money hits my account....
    FTFY
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

TykeLike

For more years than I care to remember, I've had drawers and boxes full of old cables that I have never needed, I now can't find a bloody kettle lead for love nor money!
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius