• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police phoned to tell me the CCTV around the area whence the SMC was nicked is all crap, so the case is being filed away. Pretty much what I expected

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Police phoned to tell me the CCTV around the area whence the SMC was nicked is all crap, so the case is being filed away. Pretty much what I expected
      Chap two doors up had his car nicked in the middle of the night about 10 years ago which was caught on the security camera on the garage.

All you could tell from image was there were 3 miscreants and a car & that was it, apart from the time stamp (which was wrong anyway as is always the case).

as you say.

The even odder one was The Curious Occurrence of The Couple Burning something in the Carport.

Never did suss out wtf was going on there.

Lucky the carport didn't catch fire.

And why, exactly, would you choose that location when there's an entire back lane rather more suitable I'd have thunk.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Towels (light-coloured) in the wash. "This is Saturday, Watch and Smile" doesn't really apply to grownup Saturdays, does it?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Chap two doors up had his car nicked in the middle of the night about 10 years ago which was caught on the security camera on the garage.

All you could tell from image was there were 3 miscreants and a car & that was it, apart from the time stamp (which was wrong anyway as is always the case).

as you say.
          That's very close to the description she gave me over the phone when explaining how crap it was. Given you can get night-vision 4K cameras for a few bob nowadays, it's surprising how rubbish most CCTV on commercial premises is

Comment

That's very close to the description she gave me over the phone when explaining how crap it was. Given you can get night-vision 4K cameras for a few bob nowadays, it's surprising how rubbish most CCTV on commercial premises is
            What?

You mean they can't process the image from a reflection in the fly buttons of an Albanian pimp to get a clear view of the miscreants?

I'm shocked.

It ALWAYS works on NCIS, CSI, Homeland, etc.

You just zoom in and there it is.

However it is reassuring that TPTB are hindered in this way.

Tea/dinner this evening was, indeed, spag bol, which could happily have done with a bit more chili.

It was notably tasteless, much like everything is these days.

The late afternoon was spent with a sabre saw and the big feck off 2kW angle grinder from Lidl in the continuing enterprise of turning two 1930s pig sties into something somewhat more useful.

That angle grinder is Not A Toy.

Goes through brick like it's not there, making incredible clouds of choking dust.

So what used to be a pig sized doorway is now the lower half of a human sized doorway, awaiting the building up of the walls into something a tad more useful for engineering type purposes.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 May 2019, 17:54.

Comment

What?

You mean they can't process the image from a reflection in the fly buttons of an Albanian pimp to get a clear view of the miscreants?

I'm shocked.

It ALWAYS works on NCIS, CSI, Homeland, etc.

You just zoom in and there it is.

However it is reassuring that TPTB are hindered in this way.
              I know! It's like the people who make the telly programmes have been lying to us all this time

The late afternoon was spent with a sabre saw and the big feck off 2kW angle grinder from Lidl in the continuing enterprise of turning two 1930s pig sties into something somewhat more useful.

That angle grinder is Not A Toy.

Goes through brick like it's not there, making incredible clouds of choking dust.

So what used to be a pig sized doorway is now the lower half of a human sized doorway, awaiting the building up of the walls into something a tad more useful for engineering type purposes.
              Get it done before the council put it on the listed buildings register

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Had a lovely lie in this morning, dragged myself out of the pit about 11am. Faffed for a while and then started on organising bits of paper for my Q3 accounts and the VAT return before MTD kicks in.

Took a break when I realised it was 2pm and I hadn't eaten anything! Roasted some past their best tomatoes in garlic oil with chilli and mustard seeds. Served on toasted seeded bread with some scrambled eggs. Yum!

Ended up watching John Wick 2 ahead of the 3rd film coming out next week. Pencil in the ear! Ouch!

Back to the grindstone, all paperwork done and VAT return filed. Will register for MTD next week.

Had no idea what to do for dinner. Chucked some random veg in the oven to roast as they needed using up. Forgot about them as I got engrossed in watching The Repair Shop and it all burnt. Now eating crisps and chocolate as I'm too lazy to walk 5 mins down the road to get a takeaway.

Tomorrow, I need to plan revision for my OU exam that's in June. Going to the cinema in the afternoon to see High Life.

Comment

Currently watching "Mission Impossible: Fallout (2018)" with that Tom Cruise character doing his thing.

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018) - IMDb

Twas all good & proper until <spoiler> the notion that you can get 5Mt from a plutonium core (and a core that's rather larger than a real core at that) came up. Get your nuke facts right FFS.

Comment

In the Chinese
                      And very nice it was, as usual

They weren't particularly busy, but no spurious possible reason for this was proffered

Comment

Working...
                      X