• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Had a lovely lie in this morning, dragged myself out of the pit about 11am. Faffed for a while and then started on organising bits of paper for my Q3 accounts and the VAT return before MTD kicks in.

Took a break when I realised it was 2pm and I hadn't eaten anything! Roasted some past their best tomatoes in garlic oil with chilli and mustard seeds. Served on toasted seeded bread with some scrambled eggs. Yum!

Ended up watching John Wick 2 ahead of the 3rd film coming out next week. Pencil in the ear! Ouch!

Back to the grindstone, all paperwork done and VAT return filed. Will register for MTD next week.

Had no idea what to do for dinner. Chucked some random veg in the oven to roast as they needed using up. Forgot about them as I got engrossed in watching The Repair Shop and it all burnt. Now eating crisps and chocolate as I'm too lazy to walk 5 mins down the road to get a takeaway.

Tomorrow, I need to plan revision for my OU exam that's in June. Going to the cinema in the afternoon to see High Life.
    Sounds unbelievably hectic - I didn't manage much beyond making coffee and reading crap online, though I did get to the takeaway

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Currently watching "Mission Impossible: Fallout (2018)" with that Tom Cruise character doing his thing.

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018) - IMDb

Twas all good & proper until the notion that you can get 5Mt from a plutonium core (and a core that's rather larger than a real core at that) came up. Get your nuke facts right FFS.
      I just can't watch anything with Tom Cruise in it; can't stand the short arsed runt. I forced myself to watch The Mummy as I like Sofia Boutella and could have easily cut out all the parts with him in.

Comment

As the MI films have gone on they seem to have forgotten that less is more.

The urge for FF was strong in this one.

Fecking get on with it FFS.

2 hours 15 or so with 7 minutes of credits.

Feck me.

Other than that, if you know nothing of physics & the like, it was amusing enough.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

TFBSZ
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's double rewatch started with Red Sparrow (2018), and I say again: although it's a good spy thriller of the complicated multiple-levels-of-cross variety, there is a lot of brutal violence in there; torture and the like. Good, but often somewhat disturbing

(I note that some reviewers complained that the plot was too complicated; not being a moron, I thought that the complexity was one of the film's redeeming features. But I assume those reviewers were writing for the average dimwit who's had the misfortune of going through the US educational system, such as it is.)

And then Life (2017), which also has a lot of mutilation of people going on but doesn't seem quite as bad, perhaps because it's an alien doing it so it's sci-fi violence

Goodnight all

Comment

Moderate Freecycle and checked a blocked post this morning. Somebody giving away some giant African snails. Keeping pet snails is quite a popular pastime apparently, some people are even weirder than me.

Giant African Land Snails - Keeping & Caring for GALS
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue skies.

Polleny again.

Comment

It occurred to me yesterday, if Superman is so impervious to everything, how does he shave or cut his hair or nails? Steel blades would never work. The real Superman would resemble the biblical god with talons like Wolverine.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning.

clear blue in sunny sarf herts.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Moderate Freecycle and checked a blocked post this morning. Somebody giving away some giant African snails. Keeping pet snails is quite a popular pastime apparently, some people are even weirder than me.

Giant African Land Snails - Keeping & Caring for GALS
                      Zen of the chury(tm).

In other news, today's leg of lamb entered the freezer in 2016, to exit said freezer yesterday.

It's either well matured or rancid.

Only time will tell.

<hiatus>

Sunday lunch today, as expected, was the 2016 leg of lamb with a side salad of stuffed lamb's heart.

It was nice enough, though it didn't seem as fresh as it might have been.

Odd that.

I wonder what else is festering in the freezer.

I think there's some stewing steak that slightly older, not to mention the almost antique raspberries and gooseberries bequeathed by Strangelove Mater.

After I've sat down for a while, it'll be time for the Sunday afternoon shop.

I wonder what delights Lidl(tm) will have to offer this week.

2kW angle grinder, followed by an almost council house sized 40" tv.

Well I never did.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 May 2019, 12:20.

Comment

Working...
                      X