test please delete test please delete - Page 31220
Page 31220 of 31251 FirstFirst ... 3022030720311203117031210312183121931220312213122231230 ... LastLast
Posts 312,191 to 312,200 of 312506

TykeLike

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Sausages in soft white rolls for lunch. They were some Cumberland sausages I picked up in Sainsbury's last night, apparently made in-store at the butchers' counter. Very nice; meaty, and with a seriously peppery kick to them

I meant to get the Traditional Old English (or some such) ones the were in the chiller above them, but this pack had been moved to the wrong shelf by some previous idiot customer and I didn't notice. Worthwhile mistake though
    Not baps, or barms, or cobbs?
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    Not baps, or barms, or cobbs?
    Not this time

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    This rather impressive wessel has just appeared* in the dock:

THV Galatea | Trinity House

* i.e. I just looked out of the window & there it was, like.

Vessel details for: GALATEA (Buoy-Laying Vessel) - IMO 9338591, MMSI 235054097, Call Sign MRDQ7 Registered in United Kingdom | AIS Marine Traffic

Seems to under way & buggering off somewhere else.
    On its way to South Bishop Lighthouse according to the live map

X7 home again home again jiggety jig.

Met the lady who works at The Other Place and lives up the road from me.

Tea/dinner this evening was the remains of the leg of lamb with carrots and onions.

It was quite nice.

Tonight's entertainment is Jeremiah S1 E3 "And the ground, sown with salt".

Suitably post apocalyptic.

Not enjoying this all that much.

Maybe it was better as a memory.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15th May 2019 at 19:47.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Sorted through some more magazines, which allowed me to reach a small box on top of a taller box. I knew what was in the small box, so moved that to one side, as the taller box contained yet more magazines, as best I remembered.

Turned out I remembered wrong: it contained assorted clothes and a couple of cushions

The cushions can go to landfill as they're rubbishy very old things and probably highly flammable, and the clothes can have a quick wash and go to the Oxfam clothes skip behind Sainsbury's, except perhaps one jumper if it still fits and the moths haven't been at it

And it means I now have a better grasp of the ultimate scope of the magazine problem

I'm continually going through boxes that don't contain what I thought they did.

In "work" I remember where things used to be two moves ago, with no fecking idea wtf they are now.

Much the same applies at home.

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Sorted through some more magazines, which allowed me to reach a small box on top of a taller box. I knew what was in the small box, so moved that to one side, as the taller box contained yet more magazines, as best I remembered.

Turned out I remembered wrong: it contained assorted clothes and a couple of cushions

The cushions can go to landfill as they're rubbishy very old things and probably highly flammable, and the clothes can have a quick wash and go to the Oxfam clothes skip behind Sainsbury's, except perhaps one jumper if it still fits and the moths haven't been at it

And it means I now have a better grasp of the ultimate scope of the magazine problem
    I'm continually going through boxes that don't contain what I thought they did.

In "work" I remember where things used to be two moves ago, with no fecking idea wtf they are now.

Much the same applies at home.
    i've moved about a bit, but i still seem to have accumulated a plethora of bass drum pedals
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    i've moved about a bit, but i still seem to have accumulated a plethora of bass drum pedals
    Well someone's got to.

Tonight's 2nd feature was "To sail beyond the stars".

"Jeremiah" To Sail Beyond the Stars (TV Episode 2002) - IMDb

A bit less post apocalyptic than the previous one, without so much in the way of daisy cutters.

I remembered more of this one, I have little recollection of "the ground sown with salt".

I wonder why that is.

TFBSZ.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15th May 2019 at 21:12.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Default test please delete

TFBSZ.
    OI! that’s my line!

Although when I say it, I mean Zebedee, not Zeity.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

For tea tonight, the rest of Monday's spare ribs, which I'd forgotten to freeze, along with potato wedges roasted in duck fat; all very nice

I always get the quantities wrong when making wedges, so this time I just made loads anyway. Enough left for a couple more meals