• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Smug is exactly how you're supposed to feel when watching Countdown. I think that's where reasonably competent but very fallible contestants such as myself are good for your armchair viewer. Contestants like my friend who is on in a couple of weeks you're extremely unlikely to surpass, but more to watch with mouth open as he comes up with the most obscure words you've never heard of.
    Reminder: mudskipper's friend is on in 8 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Reminder: mudskipper's friend is on in 8 minutes
      How's he doing?
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        How's he doing?
        He was amazingly good: he won every letters game, including a nine letter word in one round, and got the final conundrum

Comment

He was amazingly good: he won every letters game, including a nine letter word in one round, and got the final conundrum

Is his weakness the numbers? If so MS is in with a chance... oh, maybe not.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Currently doing something I don't want to do, (that "work" thing) and can't really be arsed with, it's fiddly, fecking irritating, and the bulb just blew in the illuminated magnifier just to add to the joy & swearing.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Is his weakness the numbers? If so MS is in with a chance... oh, maybe not.
              He got all of them too

Comment

Several runs so far for the washing machine today, dealing with the extremely musty contents of the box that wasn't full of magazines after all. There might be a few pairs of socks salvageable out of it all, but everything else is going to the Oxfam textile recycling

I might see about getting a load of magazines down to the car in a bit, and do the weekly shop this evening after disposing of them.

Comment

Just realised one of the nose-rest-bits (whatever they're called) on my reading glasses has gone astray

I tried looking around for it, but then I realised the screw was still in place so it must have broken off rather than come loose. I'll have to pop in there some time to get a new one fitted

Comment

Oh, and approximately six feet of magazines have been taken down to the car boot, so this evening's shopping trip is on if I can be bothered.

Comment

Just realised one of the nose-rest-bits (whatever they're called) on my reading glasses has gone astray
                      Nose pads, apparently

Comment

Working...
                      X